website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

If I understand everything, the quota reallocations

Archery (mixed team)- :MGL  ( :UZB gets Mongolia's men's singles quota)

Athletics (men and women's marathon) - N/A

Boxing (women's flyweight) - :THA

Diving - Next best athlete at the 2021 World Cup

Gymnastics (Women's Artistic) - :IRL

Shooting (men and women's 10m air pistol) - Highest ranked nation without quotas

Table Tennis (women's team) - :FRA

Wrestling (women's -53kg) - :ECU & (women's -62kg) - :UKR (I think :MDA gets Ukraine's European quota)

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Shooting (men and women's 10m air pistol) - Highest ranked nation without quotas

Wrestling (women's -53kg) - :ECU & (women's -62kg) - :UKR (I think :MDA gets Ukraine's European quota)

when will the federations announce this?

Well, this was to be expected, given their lack of interest in qualifying competitions recently.

the feeling of already qualified athletes remind me our athletes before Los Angeles 84. heard a lot of stories from them and coaches in several shows and I believe this must be the most terrible thing that can happen to an athlete a couple of months before the olympics...

8 hours ago, Dragon said:

Although I think this is a political decision and nothing to do with the Covid situation

Agreed. It is a huge pity for the country but I agree it's political. I infortunately expect the same move for the winter Olympics in Beijing. I suppose :IOC in this case would offer some athletes to compete as indenpendent athletes to compete under :IOC flag.

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

this is sad, any country missing the Olympics is sad. I don't know (nobody knows I assume) how things work in North Korea but I assume winning an Olympic medal will change the life for everybody, even in North Korea. some of their athletes will miss their lifetime chance :( hopefully there will be a solution

Turkmenistan is sending wrestlers to the Asian OQT, don't count on our Turkmen friends :d

btw I recently found out I can watch most  Turkmen state TV channels from where I live :d interesting stuff :p their sport channel shows "teaching Chess" + "Serie A " that's the best combination ever. :d and everything is green in their studios

just kidding, not trying to make fun of any country, but between our neighbor countries, Turkmenistan is the one I'm less informed about. so I was kind of curious to see what's happening on their TV.

I'm surprised you found that out only recently...

here in Italy, Turkmenistan Sport (and CBC Sport Azerbaijan) have been for years the main source to find Serie A (and the Azeri also Spanish La Liga and Champions League) for free :lol: instead of paying the bunch of money Sky Italia has always asked for their Italian football coverage (right now, we're living a kind of South American soap opera because the online provider dazn has stripped sky Italia the TV and internet rights of the next 3 serie A seasons...they're announcing to go in front of trial courts one day after the other to try and revert this situation :yikes: :rofl: :facepalm:...it's absolutely crazy how many pages have been written on that in the last couple of months)...

p.s. and we don't even need too big dishes to find those 2 channels on satellite...

I can regularly watch them from Northern Italy with a 120cm dish (and most likely also a smaller one would make it in any case)...

it's easier than getting the British channels (BBC and ITV)...

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

What happened to cause Ireland to get a gymnastics quota?

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I expect some odd ones too, in total probably more than 10 nations coming from all continents.

according to our Orange Hair "friend", it will become "pandemic" and all the Countries would eventually give up and force the cancellation of the Games...:whistle: :rofl: :facepalm: