website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

53 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

There are column headings at the top.  I tried to combine columns where I can to make the sheet a little bit neater and less cluttered.  Best I can do to keep things organized, but also somewhat readable.  Easier for the Winter Olympics where I could fit everything into 9 columns.  With the Summer Olympics, there are a couple days where there might be 25 sports all in action on the same day.

But then how do you know which event is on other than "athletics"? :p 

I mean, personally I would probably skip everything if it's the 400m final or something, whereas for the hammer throw final I might choose to watch other things.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The issue with creating a personal schedule is that it's constantly evolving if you want to keep track of your countries' athletes, even during the day for stuff like fencing and judo. What I usually do is that I create a table listing all the Hungarian events for the day once the previous day is over and for sports where an athlete can have more than one match/race per day I leave multiple empty columns in the table, and I fill those slots with the scheduled time of the next matches as the day moves forward if they have qualified for the next round. That way I can keep track of what coming next.

Here's an example for a day of Rio:

Discipline Athlete(s) R64 R32 R16 QF Re SF F/3rd
Fencing Rédli András 14:30       -    
Judo Csoknyai László - 15:35          
Fencing Boczkó Gábor - 16:15          
Fencing Imre Géza - 16:45          

Discipline Athlete(s) H/Q Re QF SF F    
Rowing Molnár Bendegúz Y Y 13:50 X X    
Shooting Csonka Zsófia 14:00 - -        
Shooting Tobai-Sike Renáta 14:00 - -        
Rowing Juhász / Simon Y Y - 15:00 X    

Discipline Athlete(s) GS            
Water polo Hungary 14:00            

I don't write down the name of the events because I remember them anyway. "Y" means that they qualified the previous day and "X" means that the next round won't take place today. 

I will probably do something similar this time, but I will also make time schedule for preferred neutral events. I didn't do that for the previous SOGs because I wasn't sure what the TV will air, plus for Rio we only had the Hungarian National TV, and they obviously prefer Hungarian events. This time I will have full control over what I can watch with Eurosport Player, plus I think even the Hungarian TV will have literally everything streamed live for free.

For me, it is much easier, I just use this forum  :)

@OlympicIRL always gift us with his creativity and excellent work :bowdown:

So first I have open this thread with the current day Schedule LINK

My local Time convertor near my Laptop/TV help me to know the current time there

and to not miss SVK eventual athletes (which is pretty easy in fact since there not so much at the games usually and our TV switch immediatelly to the sport with our athlete starting) I have in the other tab my own schedule of our athletes I made before every day in SVK thread and which I can immediately update after every result, so even more easier to keep track of what is going on LIVE SCHEDULE and RESULTS REVIEW

so really, no need of Excel or anything similar for me

12 minutes ago, hckošice said:

For me, it is much easier, I just use this forum  :)

@OlympicIRL always gift us with his creativity and excellent work :bowdown:

So first I have open this thread with the current day Schedule LINK

My local Time convertor near my Laptop/TV help me to know the current time there

and to not miss SVK eventual athletes (which is pretty easy in fact since there not so much at the games usually and our TV switch immediatelly to the sport with our athlete starting) I have in the other tab my own schedule of our athletes I made before every day in SVK thread and which I can immediately update after every result, so even more easier to keep track of what is going on LIVE SCHEDULE and RESULTS REVIEW

so really, no need of Excel or anything similar for me

It does seem excellent, the only reason why that doesn't work for me is that I'll miss things if I can't delete the things I saw :p Which is why I have my own 'notepad calendar', so as soon as I am done with an event, I simply delete it, meaning everything that's still on the list is things I haven't seen yet :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It does seem excellent, the only reason why that doesn't work for me is that I'll miss things if I can't delete the things I saw :p Which is why I have my own 'notepad calendar', so as soon as I am done with an event, I simply delete it, meaning everything that's still on the list is things I haven't seen yet :d 

you can always copy/paste the schedule into your own post or test thread or even a PM to your own account and then use it and removing the lines with events you already watched

Just now, hckošice said:

you can always copy/paste the schedule into your own post or test thread or even a PM to your own account and then use it and removing the lines with events you already watched

Not sure this is exactly what I am going to do, but it definitely gave me an idea which I might use, thank you :d 

Love seeing all the schedules you guys make! I didn't want to create a full Tokyo schedule already (leaving some of the fun for the summer!), so instead I made a schedule of sports events I want to follow up to the start of the Games. Was a nice little practice run with the format I was considering. For the Games this would be on day-to-day instead of week-to-week basis, so it'll be quite the project:

image.png

Excuse my Dutch ;) The first rows are my favorite sports (athletics, volleyball, beach volleyball, cycling, mountainbike, football) and the grey row at the bottom is various other interesting things.

Yonhap News Agency is reporting that North Korea will not attend the 2020 Summer Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela