website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

the olympic ranking will hardly change, there must be 1 or 2 world cups, the last one is in the czech republic in may

Yes , 2 nominated WC 

3 minutes ago, Laraja said:

sry, I didn't get you.

What did you mean?

Your rating simulation is individual, that is, you take places in the rating of individual athletes. And you need to take the sum of the rating of 3 athletes and thus you get the rating of nations

Read the revised Qual.System https://www.uci.org/news/2018/tokyo-2020-olympic-games-official-documents

9 minutes ago, Illya said:

Yes , 2 nominated WC 

Your rating simulation is individual, that is, you take places in the rating of individual athletes. And you need to take the sum of the rating of 3 athletes and thus you get the rating of nations

Read the revised Qual.System https://www.uci.org/news/2018/tokyo-2020-olympic-games-official-documents

I used the nations ranking. There is a list on the right side.

The names of those athletes is based on their position on indivual ranking, but only to represent. I even put this phrase on the top of this file "The athletes's names in UCI Olympic Qualification Ranking is based in their positions in UCI Mountain Bike Elite Individual Ranking"

Guys, I have overheard that some companies are hiring "workers" for the Olympic period to operate some places even at the Olympic venues. Have seen any link but read a discussion thread on Facebook. Seems that they are offering around 1200-1800 JPY per hour and they seem to be able to the overseas workers to Japan. Has anybody heard anything about that? I am trying to find some sources where to find information about these job offers but I failed to find those. I live in with a long term visa. So if the company accepted me, I would definitely go to participate, of course, if they company secures my arrival. With chinese side, I could surely figure out how to get back as I have been living here since 2015. Thanks for any info. 

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

In the past couple of Games I have literally had to make my own Excel spreadsheet to get this information, so I doubt this will be easy to find on official sites.  But yeh, Giovanni’s sheet is pretty much what I did, so thanks.  Just need to copy in & add another column with a local time calculation.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Awesome! And damn, that's big, I'll wait until May or so until I start putting that in my own 'calendar' and avoid the risk of doing it all for nothing :p 

5 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I definitely want to make an excel schedule with the timetables of all the Dutch athletes and sports I personally enjoy.

I'm not sure if I can handle actually going for a nocturnal timeschedule though. I hope there will be enough replays and content to watch during the European daytime.

This is why I like the crowd here.. I've been making spreadsheets (mostly to track the TV coverage) going so far back as Nagano in 1998.  Been building one for Tokyo that has a big grid with all of the events as well as a separate tab to track the television schedules.  I'll post that here at some point once we get closer to July, but good to see I'm not the only person who obsesses over these things.  And yes, Tokyo's site is definitely somewhat lacking.