website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

4 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I have the same! It is always like that for me since my first serious job in 2004 ;-) Both winter and summer.

This year I have even planned 3 days extra after the closing ceremony, just to sleep and recover to CET timezone ;-)

So your day will basically go from 200 to 1500 then a sleep break.  That's about the way it is for the Eastern US when the Games are in Europe.  We are going to have to go from 2000 to 900.  The trick for me is getting as much sleep as possible after the Opening Ceremony ends at 1000 EDT.   Then I begin my nocturnal existence. For me, I've been taking off since 1984, then added the Winter Games in 1998.   

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

"Hey boss, I think I need to work from home the last week of July and the first week of August.  Hope that's okay!"

Its easier when you have been working at home for the last year and will continue that way until at least September.  The question for me is do I work on Friday 7/23, or just start my time off that day.  

Is there any full timetable yet where the events are listed per day in chronological order, and not (like on the official website) grouped by sport? :p 

https://tokyo2020.org/en/schedule/20210724-schedule

Also, I had hoped Tokyo 2020 of all events would at the very least have a switch between "Local time" and "Your time", like so many event websites have nowadays..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there any full timetable yet where the events are listed per day in chronological order, and not (like on the official website) grouped by sport? :p 

Also, I had hoped Tokyo 2020 of all events would at the very least have a switch between "Local time" and "Your time", like so many event websites have nowadays..

Yeah, the schedule on the official site is lackluster to say the least.

Thankfully we have this pinned thread: 

32 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm sure they will for the game-time website. They just don't get that some of us can't wait that long ;)

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In the past couple of Games I have literally had to make my own Excel spreadsheet to get this information, so I doubt this will be easy to find on official sites.  But yeh, Giovanni’s sheet is pretty much what I did, so thanks.  Just need to copy in & add another column with a local time calculation.

13 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, the schedule on the official site is lackluster to say the least.

Thankfully we have this pinned thread: 

Awesome! And damn, that's big, I'll wait until May or so until I start putting that in my own 'calendar' and avoid the risk of doing it all for nothing :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I definitely want to make an excel schedule with the timetables of all the Dutch athletes and sports I personally enjoy.

I'm not sure if I can handle actually going for a nocturnal timeschedule though. I hope there will be enough replays and content to watch during the European daytime.

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I definitely want to make an excel schedule with the timetables of all the Dutch athletes and sports I personally enjoy.

I'm not sure if I can handle actually going for a nocturnal timeschedule though. I hope there will be enough replays and content to watch during the European daytime.

if you get your Eurosport Player (or Discovery+ app, depending on what happens in your Country), you're going to have every single event of the Games available ondemand not only during the Games, but also for quite a while after the end of Tokyo 2020* (so, you'll also have the chance to catch up with those events you don't watch in those 16 days because of time restrictions/personal priorities)...;)

*if I remember correctly, Pyeongchang 2018's events were still available on Eurosport Player until about a month after the end of those Games...