website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Meh... I can wait before asking for any holiday request all the way through early July basically. :p

There's a chance that would be possible in my job as well, but I don't want to take the risk that one of the other three people in the datacenter team beats me and books a holiday on exactly that timeframe leading to my supervisor saying "Hmm, two of you away at the same time is a problem, so no" :p 

In this case, smaller risk is better and since this is the first time I actually have an actual job during the Olympics, I don't want to deal with it wrong and miss out :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I have my vacation during the Olympics

I have the same! It is always like that for me since my first serious job in 2004 ;-) Both winter and summer.

This year I have even planned 3 days extra after the closing ceremony, just to sleep and recover to CET timezone ;-)

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's a chance that would be possible in my job as well, but I don't want to take the risk that one of the other three people in the datacenter team beats me and books a holiday on exactly that timeframe leading to my supervisor saying "Hmm, two of you away at the same time is a problem, so no" :p 

In this case, smaller risk is better and since this is the first time I actually have an actual job during the Olympics, I don't want to deal with it wrong and miss out :d 

This week will be the week of truth for me. Wednesday I am officially going to ask for time off during the Olympics. Because I don't have a replacement within the company (a new job), I am a bit afraid of the answer. Otherwise I have to watch sports at night and work during the day (thank God we work from home most of the time :rolleyes:). Then it will be two tough weeks.

27 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

No surprises that the whole forum are having their annual leaves during the OG :d  Thankfully, i have the luxury of waiting for now and submitting my leave much closer to the Games in case they do some shenanigans. 

The only shenanigans I can see are them cancelling the Olympics, or even moving it to next year, but not moving it up by a month or so :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I am also taking 2 weeks off work to watch the Olympics. I made sure to get that request approved at the start of January :d. I didn't book the day of the Opening Ceremony but I will probably book it closer to the time when the excitement starts taking over. Not sure what kind of ceremony there is going to be anyway :p