website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

31 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Poland doesn't deserve it, either. I was think ing 36. But now with Tokyo 32, Queensland moves to 36, and we may get 40 if we behave well. 

Sorry but what you are talking about? Tokyo surely will not have Games in 2032, they will not have funds for this if this year Games will be cancelled.

Also "Poland doesn't deserve it, either." As far as I know we didn't bid for any Games, so I don't know what do you mean.

Let's make things more clear, if the Games will not happen this year then it will be cancelled, next postpontion is out of question. Think about athletes who have in plans retire after this year or extended their careers just for competing in this year Games, for female athletes who wants became mother. We don't know how situation will look in 2022, might be worse or might be better. Athletes would be destroyed mentally even more than now.

Also there will be many other sport events, world championships in 2022, Olympics can't be postponed again, don't make more mess.

4 hours ago, Federer91 said:

What's wrong with these people. No seriously...

Who in their right mind thinks about having spectators at the OG. That shouldn't be even a topic. It's a complete fairytale. 

And from there it goes to total cancelation and yet the most logical choice of having the OG behind closed doors (like every other God damn sport at the moment) is the "odd" choice.. I have no words.

Well. If Japan are doing as good as hoped in vaccinating, it could absolutely be possible. But things need to get moving, and fast! 

49 minutes ago, rybak said:

Sorry but what you are talking about? Tokyo surely will not have Games in 2032, they will not have funds for this if this year Games will be cancelled.

Also "Poland doesn't deserve it, either." As far as I know we didn't bid for any Games, so I don't know what do you mean.

Let's make things more clear, if the Games will not happen this year then it will be cancelled, next postpontion is out of question. Think about athletes who have in plans retire after this year or extended their careers just for competing in this year Games, for female athletes who wants became mother. We don't know how situation will look in 2022, might be worse or might be better. Athletes would be destroyed mentally even more than now.

Also there will be many other sport events, world championships in 2022, Olympics can't be postponed again, don't make more mess.

Maybe but prep will be cheaper for 2032 bar the village problem.

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Poland doesn't deserve it, either. I was think ing 36. But now with Tokyo 32, Queensland moves to 36, and we may get 40 if we behave well. 

Calm down.. Your are going way tooo far . First let tokyo happen in 2020 then let's see who wins 2032 bid. 

3 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Maybe but prep will be cheaper for 2032 bar the village problem.

It's not as simple as that. Not all facilities are permanent or will be maintained well for 12 years. IOC gives japan opportunity or not doesn't matter japan will not have the funds to host one. As simple as that. 

14 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I wonder if Japan didn't leak the news of possible cancellation of the Games to test out the global opinion? If the response would be overwhelmingly negative then they'd have to tough it out and hold the Games at all costs?

I thought about it too, that’s a good point 

Interesting article by The Ringer:

https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/22/22244941/tokyo-summer-olympics-status-thomas-bach-ioc

I always thought that it might make sense to rotate the Olympics between maybe 10 to 15 cities.

Summer: Moscow, Barcelona/Madrid, Rome, Paris, London, Berlin, Toronto, Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Los Angeles, New York, Amsterdam, Sydney

Winter: Munich, Milan, Innsbruck/Salzburg, Oslo/Lillehammer, Stockholm, Helsinki, Lake Placid/Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Nagano/Sapporo, Albertville, St. Moritz/Lausanne

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Interesting article by The Ringer:

https://www.theringer.com/2021/1/22/22244941/tokyo-summer-olympics-status-thomas-bach-ioc

I always thought that it might make sense to rotate the Olympics between maybe 10 to 15 cities.

Summer: Moscow, Barcelona/Madrid, Rome, Paris, London, Berlin, Toronto, Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Los Angeles, New York, Amsterdam, Sydney

Winter: Munich, Milan, Innsbruck/Salzburg, Oslo/Lillehammer, Stockholm, Helsinki, Lake Placid/Salt Lake City, Vancouver, Nagano/Sapporo, Albertville, St. Moritz/Lausanne

That’s a 40 to 60 year rotation..

Just now, NearPup said:

That’s a 40 to 60 year rotation..

Yes, modernizing venues is still normally (much) less expansive than building new venues. For example the Olympic stadium that was built for the 1936 Olympics in Berlin is still used today. The IOC would have to accept that not all the venues will look new and shiny, so this will never happen of course.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.