website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

What's wrong with these people. No seriously...

Who in their right mind thinks about having spectators at the OG. That shouldn't be even a topic. It's a complete fairytale. 

And from there it goes to total cancelation and yet the most logical choice of having the OG behind closed doors (like every other God damn sport at the moment) is the "odd" choice.. I have no words.

There is a big difference. These current behind-closed-doors events are singular events. Anything more complex is still getting dismissed (including every single multi-sport event, from the Universiade and EYOF, to South-South-East Asian Games or whatnot). Not a single multi-sport event was held since the pandemic started, so there is really nothing one can use as reference in this case.

Using 30 empty venues and bringing so much logistics to one city does not seem very justified. You may as well hold the events concurrently all around the globe (like the Winter sports are doing, with somewhat decent success)...

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Japan will behave dishonestly by canceling the games. In my opinion, it is possible to provide safe conditions for athletes. Japan doesn't deserve the 2032 Games.

Japan doesn't deserve the burden of spending the money to wait another 11 years to host the Olympics.  If they can't host this year (or maybe next year, but that seems difficult at this point), then that's it.  Can't keep pushing it back indefinitely.  That's why they're so focused on this year.

1 minute ago, Quaker2001 said:

Japan doesn't deserve the burden of spending the money to wait another 11 years to host the Olympics.  If they can't host this year (or maybe next year, but that seems difficult at this point), then that's it.  Can't keep pushing it back indefinitely.  That's why they're so focused on this year.

They used to be focused. They are not now. 

23 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

I am agree, Japan doesn't deserve the burden of spending the money to wait another 11 years to host the Olympics. But... This is next crucial argument. In my opinion agreement with IOC should be important for Japan. They should do everything for prepare this Olympics. 

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

I am agree, Japan doesn't deserve the burden of spending the money to wait another 11 years to host the Olympics. This is next argument, agreement with IOC should be important. 

'i am agree' 

??? 

So you agree or not? ? 

14 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

'i am agree' 

??? 

So you agree or not? ? 

I am agree with the first sentance... However, if the Games do not take place, and the Japanese turn out to be cowards and do not keep the agreement, they do not deserve the Games in the following years. But it should be crucial to make Olympics in this year due to economic reasons (they spend much momey for this).