website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think most athletes mentally have been sort of privately preparing.

Some of them are in their top form or at career’s peak so I’m sure this decision will break them:cry:

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/55762303

Lord Coe thinks it might be behind closed doors.

He might be right.  If that's what it takes for the Olympics to go on, so be it.  That's no consolation for Japan, but better for the IOC and the sports federations

16 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

At this rate Bejing and even Paris 2024 might be affected if international quarantines last into 2022 and 2023.

At this rate nothing isn't sure, we don't know what will happen even tomorrow, then saying that Paris Games in three years mighr be affected is bullshit and you should calm down.

21 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The IOC would have to share a significant portion of the media rights for Japan to agree to that.

This was my idea as well, as the Ice Hockey WCh will probably be held in Riga without spectators, and I read somewhere that the IIHF will agree to reimburse part of the shortfall for the organizers.

In case of the IOC this might be carried out more easily, given the massive TV monies involved (granted, the prospective loss b/c of no spectators is also greater by orders of magnitude)

What's wrong with these people. No seriously...

Who in their right mind thinks about having spectators at the OG. That shouldn't be even a topic. It's a complete fairytale. 

And from there it goes to total cancelation and yet the most logical choice of having the OG behind closed doors (like every other God damn sport at the moment) is the "odd" choice.. I have no words.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I wonder if Japan didn't leak the news of possible cancellation of the Games to test out the global opinion? If the response would be overwhelmingly negative then they'd have to tough it out and hold the Games at all costs?

it might be a smart move...