website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

We wouldn't be getting these conflicting reports if there wouldn't already be some major concerns behind the scenes. Bach and the Japanese PM confidently declaring that the Games are happening smells like pure PR talk, just like how the UEFA is still 100% behind the idea of an EURO2020 in 12 countries. Reminds me how politicians usually completely deny a bad news (like higher taxes) until the very last moment. They will continue to do this until the demand for cancellation will be too big to ignore. 

There wouldn't be conflicting reports if they actually were working more and thinking less. Because that is not their strong suit. 

It's been almost a year now and those people SHOULD HAVE 10 back-up plans on how to have the OG. Of course they are always thinking, but the truth is that even a chimpanzee will be a better president than Bach.  

Even if it goes ahead no certainty every country will appear - some might not get government permission to travel and then quarantine on return.  A few smaller countries doing this might not kill the games but obviously big ones very likely would.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

True. Although to be fair, Japan has been the world's number one country for completely

since forever, no country in the world would be more fitting to host a pandemic Olympics :lol: 

Common misconception. :p

Those weird game shows often associated with Japan are not real shows. Those are just professional comedians doing their job.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, Dnl said:

I think it’s a good opportunity to a give few small countries to host some events of the Olympics, the cancellation of the Olympics will hurt a lot of sports and athletes badly 

Is it still the Olympics if the events aren't in one country? I mean, the main reason why the Games are special because the entire sport community gets together and celebrates an old tradition. Without that it's just a bunch of events happening at the same time around the globe. 

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Is it still the Olympics if the events aren't in one country? I mean, the main reason why the Games are special because the entire sport community gets together and celebrates an old tradition. Without that it's just a bunch of events happening at the same time around the globe. 

Tahiti approved by IOC as surfing venue for Paris 2024 Olympic Games

Yes, that's a one off, but sometimes those things are allowed.  And it'll probably start happening more often in the future.