website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

It would have to be contingent on Japan agreeing (and potentially guaranteeing them 2032).

Japan has already been in bed with the IOC for 7.5 years.  Adding another 11 may be more than Japan is willing to handle.  I don't know what happens if they have to cancel.  But I'm not sure Japan would agree now to taking 2032

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's expected I think the govt will wait till march end.. With vaccinations and all they will be more confident. A spectator less Olympics is fine with me. 

It's 6 months out from the Olympics.  They'll wait this out at least a little longer because if they have to cancel, why make that call now?  I know this is the group that same last March they were going ahead and then reversed course a week later.  But that was with the entire world essentially shut down.  COVID is still here, but we're slowing learning to co-exist with it and be able to test and manage for it better.  Holding the Olympics this summer is probably still a bad idea.  But is it worse than *not* holding the Olympics this summer

Absolute BS to make a cancellation 6 months before the OG. These people are moronic.. Such decision should be made in may or june, when the situation is going to be much clearer. But of course, because then there won't be many cases and there will be millions of vaccinations, these idiots will wash their hands now in the middle of winter with some cowardly move. Japan is hitting with record pace my top spot of most hated countries.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

50km Race Walk wouldn’t get a proper goodbye. Mixed Trap also will have never been an Olympic event.

I would still caution against taking this reporting as final at the moment.

Yay COVID-19 :raspberry:

That'll teach 'em for kicking out something awesome for that nonsense.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minutes ago, dcro said:

Just one thing. Japan should not be a scapegoat for global entertainment.

True. Although to be fair, Japan has been the world's number one country for completely weird entertainment since forever, no country in the world would be more fitting to host a pandemic Olympics :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!