website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Has anyone took a moment to realize how utterly ridiculous would the Olympics look without spectators? All these Olympians coming to town, going around 30 odd venues without spectators... At this point, you might as well hold them in a deserted army base somewhere. I can't imagine any resident of Tokyo being fine with the notion of empty stadiums.

We don't have to take a moment for this because we have already seen this last year for many events. I would say that motorsports are the only ones who didn't lose much. Sure, the fans add to the atmosphere, but even without them you are still watching some crazy people drive fast cars. The Champions League on the other hand... it looked kinda ridiculous. 22 millionaires running around a ball without the fans is just 22 millionaires running around a ball, feels a bit meaningless. 

16 minutes ago, Vektor said:

We don't have to take a moment for this because we have already seen this last year for many events. I would say that motorsports are the only ones who didn't lose much. Sure, the fans add to the atmosphere, but even without them you are still watching some crazy people drive fast cars. The Champions League on the other hand... it looked kinda ridiculous. 22 millionaires running around a ball without the fans is just 22 millionaires running around a ball, feels a bit meaningless. 

True, but we have witnessed it happening one event/sport at a time. This would be times 30.

#banbestmen

Sofia Velikaya among others propose "Katyusha" to be played instead of Olympic Anthem for :RUS athletes gold medals in

Tokyo https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1103107/oleg-matytsin-tokyo-2020-russia-anthem

Maybe they should try this :d

but I am more for the new one

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, National anthem gets banned and yet they still have the nerve to ask for some patriotic song instead? Come on. Is this a joke?

Of course they have the nerve. It's Russia. And I'd love to see IOC look stupid when Justin Gatlin gets to hear the US national anthem :lol:

On one hand Russians aren't in a position to ask for a patriotic song instead of the Olympic anthem. On the other hand the thought of Katyusha playing at a medal ceremony makes me laugh because the song has a "Hungarian meme" version with altered, comedic lyrics.