website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Around 80% Japanese people want Olympic Games to be postponed again or cancelled.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1102855/survey-on-staging-of-tokyo-2020

Additional I read today that in Japan is detected another new strain of coronavirus from four people who returned from Brazil lately. 

If Japan will start vaccination of people in May it seems impossible that Games can be held.

I hope I'm wrong and in summer we all will enjoy this sport event.

22 hours ago, CCB said:

That's for sure. I was born to panic :d

I understand your point...

I'm an anxious man by myself, but I also hope that by this summer the situation won't be as bad as it looks right now...the good season in the Northern Hemisphere, a good number of people being vaccinated around the Globe...we gotta be at least a bit optimistic to survive this sh*t...;)

17 hours ago, rybak said:

Around 80% Japanese people want Olympic Games to be postponed again or cancelled.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1102855/survey-on-staging-of-tokyo-2020

Additional I read today that in Japan is detected another new strain of coronavirus from four people who returned from Brazil lately. 

If Japan will start vaccination of people in May it seems impossible that Games can be held.

I hope I'm wrong and in summer we all will enjoy this sport event.

Yeah... there's no way the Olympics will happen this year if 80% of the population is against it. I think they got maybe two months to turn things around, otherwise it will be time to cancel the Games around March. 

I still think the Olympics will happen, behind closed doors, extreme hygienical measures like weird medal podiums in which athletes will stand separately and hang the medals hemselves or so.. and with only vaccinated athletes/team staff.

There tooooooo much money involved and already lost here. They will do everything to save at least the few they can

The Games will happen with or without the approval of the japanese people. They should have thought of this 10 years ago, or whenever they got the Games. If they indeed pull a cancelation stunt, Japan should be forbidden to host any major events for the next 70 years and will have to live with their failures.  Oh right, they can't, because suicides will always be bigger, than any Covid there...

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

Or not. Holding Games at any cost would make IOC look really bad. It could spell the end of the Olympics (let's not forget they had their problems long before any of this started).

IOC is already looking pretty bad to any follower of the IOC really. 

1 minute ago, nenad said:

IOC is already looking pretty bad to any follower of the IOC really. 

It can still get much, much worse.

For example, to the point where nobody at all wants to bid due to the "hold at any cost" attitude.

Or to the point where medal contenders are getting removed from competitions due to false positives. Or where they stay with false negatives. With 10,500 athletes on site, such massive controversies are just bound to happen.

#banbestmen