website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

On 15/07/2020 at 20:32, heywoodu said:

I thought it was in a month or so...I hadn't thought about it for a moment yet :lol: 

Plus I'm actually happy with it all, since I've started my first actual job in many years last month, it'd be nearly impossible to watch most if even anything of Tokyo 2020 (not gonna ask for two weeks off that soon). Now that it's next year, this should be no problem :cheer: 

I booked 2 weeks off work for the Olympics this year. I planned my holiday time carefully, making sure it coincided with the Olympics and I was really happy after I scheduled the time off, knowing I could watch the whole Games without interruption. Now I have to pray that next year I will be able to do the same thing :facepalm:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Olympian1010 We both know that a public opinion poll is meaningless to the IOC. If there is a profit to be made  “the games will go on!”

23 minutes ago, JohnFoyne said:

@Olympian1010 We both know that a public opinion poll is meaningless to the IOC. If there is a profit to be made  “the games will go on!”

Unfortunately so.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 17/07/2020 at 18:49, dcro said:

From what I heard, Mr Bach recently said that Tokyo 2020 without spectators is out of a question.

Vaccines are unlikely to come before 2nd half of 2021.

maths GIF

Unlikely but not impossible.

We wit to see what will be published later today

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2020/jul/16/covid-19-vaccine-what-have-we-learned-from-oxford-phase-one-trial

Sad realization that I should have been flying over the Pacific Ocean right now :cry:

I feel terrible for anyone involved in the Games; Athletes, officials, spectators, volunteers, locals, journalists, etc. We should all be preparing for the world’s greatest festival of sport, instead most of us are sitting at home wondering if the Games can even happen next year.

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sad realization that I should have been flying over the Pacific Ocean right now :cry:

I feel terrible for anyone involved in the Games; Athletes, officials, spectators, volunteers, locals, journalists, etc. We should all be preparing for the world’s greatest festival of sport, instead most of us are sitting at home wondering if the Games can even happen next year.

Softball would be starting tomorrow night :cry: