website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

13 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So Japan invested all those billions for nothing. :d Yeah, i'm sure that is the best option for them.

And hosting a postponed the Olympics will cost them billions more during a global pandemic. Tokyo residents have a right to be upset in my opinion. I would still very much love to see Tokyo host the Olympics though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think @Olympian1010 is a spy from another planet trying to convince Totallympics users to cancel the 2021 Olympics. :d:lol: well but unfortunately it's not up to totallympics users.

forget will smith GIF

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, today it would have been only 1 week to the first events of the Tokyo 2020 "original" Games...

my "Olympic depression" is reaching the highest levels ever...:yikes: :cry: :facepalm: :hairpull:

Same, I should have been on a plane Monday morning :(

27 minutes ago, phelps said:

by the way, today it would have been only 1 week to the first events of the Tokyo 2020 "original" Games...

my "Olympic depression" is reaching the highest levels ever...:yikes: :cry: :facepalm: :hairpull:

I thought it was in a month or so...I hadn't thought about it for a moment yet :lol: 

Plus I'm actually happy with it all, since I've started my first actual job in many years last month, it'd be nearly impossible to watch most if even anything of Tokyo 2020 (not gonna ask for two weeks off that soon). Now that it's next year, this should be no problem :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Same, I should have been on a plane Monday morning :(

Planned to attend the Tokyo games without Covid-19?

OT: I know about my family that my sister wanted to do the Chicago marathon this year (she was admitted last year) obviously due to Covid it will not happen. Generally the if you are admitted they permit to postpone the participation for 1 year at most - after this year's marathon was cancelled last week, the gave the opportunity for all participants to be able to postpone until 2023 as latest - maybe they know that next year not everything will be alright...