website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

I fully expected the incumbent to win, but the fate of the Olympics is in the hands of the Japanese people. They will ultimately decided rather or not we will have a games next year. To be honest, it is their right to choose. Japan is in a economic depression, if not recession, and these Games are bleeding money from the national government.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Something to consider as Covid-19 fallout continues.

Yep and it’s also include all the qualification competitions that is supposed to be held in other countries with similar restrictions 

1 godzinę temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I fear and sadly expect that next year Games will not happen, better be prepared for it now than be later disappointed. Tokyo is cursed (I mean about 1940...)

Corona will return in autmn and I don't believe that all countries will recover from this until next spring.

Yeah, at this point I believe it's more likely that the Olympic Games will not be held at all (remember, another postponement has already been ruled out as an option).

And even if they are held, they will prove to be disasterous for all kinds of reasons...

#banbestmen

6 minut temu, dcro napisał:

Yeah, at this point I believe it's more likely that the Olympic Games will not be held at all (remember, another postponement has already been ruled out as an option).

And even if they are held, they will prove to be disasterous for all kinds of reasons...

And whole sport calendar would be a one big mess for 2 years, as for example Athletics WC are already moved to 2022.

22 minutes ago, rybak said:

And whole sport calendar would be a one big mess for 2 years, as for example Athletics WC are already moved to 2022.

Right, that does suck, but I think of it this way. If the Olympics happen next year, yay! If the Olympics don’t happen, at least we’ve saved all those events to the best of our ability by pushing them back to more plausible dates.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

as I wrote elsewhere...

Tokyo city: 14 million residents

Tokyo metropolitan area: more than 40 million residents

entire Japan: more than 126 million people

number of people involved in that survey: just over 1,000 (which means the 0.00007% of the Tokyo city centre residents)...and with no clue on how they were chosen...

my consideration...this survey is just BULLSHIT! 

it looks to be in Italy, where a few hundreds of idiots can even get the driving seat of the Country (any reference to the 5 star movement and our current political leaders like prime minister Conte or foreign affairs minister Di Maio is purely intentional :evil: :facepalm: :wall:)...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

as I wrote elsewhere...

Tokyo city: 14 million residents

Tokyo metropolitan area: more than 40 million residents

entire Japan: more than 126 million people

number of people involved in that survey: just over 1,000 (which means the 0.00007% of the Tokyo city centre residents)...and with no clue on how they were chosen...

my consideration...this survey is just BULLSHIT! 

it looks to be in Italy, where a few hundreds of idiots can even get the driving seat of the Country (any reference to the 5 star movement and our current political leaders like prime minister Conte or foreign affairs minister Di Maio is purely intentional :evil: :facepalm: :wall:)...

Statistically speaking 1,000 is enough for (and common for) a random sample, but you are correct that this sample may not constitute a complete survey of the topic.