website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

17 hours ago, dcro said:

How very basic.

I think the IOC doesn't allow for very original designs for Summer Olympic medals (but apparently this is not a rule for Winter Olympics). I heard some rumors that the Rio 2016 first design tried to incorporate wood to the medals but wasn't allowed, which for better or worse led to a fairly basic final design.

22 hours ago, Dunadan said:

- 1 Year today.

Medal design unveiled :https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/medals/olympic-design/

I don't always think so with all the modern stuff, but these ones are awesome :wub: Nice and clean front, really cool back side :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, ofan said:

This is a change from previous Olympics, where they were transparent in providing all countries and their medalists 

Their whole system of coming up with a medal table is flawed anyway, so why bother :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I think the IOC doesn't allow for very original designs for Summer Olympic medals (but apparently this is not a rule for Winter Olympics). I heard some rumors that the Rio 2016 first design tried to incorporate wood to the medals but wasn't allowed, which for better or worse led to a fairly basic final design.

Yeah I remember the horror show that were those medals that looked like a freight train had run over it..

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Their whole system of coming up with a medal table is flawed anyway, so why bother :p 

I would have to agree with you because they have predicted India to win 14 medals. I am unable to think how did they come to this conclusion.

8 minutes ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I would have to agree with you because they have predicted India to win 14 medals. I am unable to think how did they come to this conclusion.

Well, that's not what I mean, since pretty much everyone from every country reacts with "No way *insertpersonscountry* can win this many medals!" which would mean we'll end up with 80 medals not being won by anyone :p 

hace 14 horas, wumo26 dijo:

A twitter user asked the same question on their profile.

They only give out information about who will win medals to clients, but sometimes also some medias.

Here is the thread:

image.png

Clients for this bullshit even us in a forum can do (and better than them)?

How is Sindo not rich by now?

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well, that's not what I mean, since pretty much everyone from every country reacts with "No way *insertpersonscountry* can win this many medals!" which would mean we'll end up with 80 medals not being won by anyone :p 

Yeah I agree with you

But double digits is not expected by anyone in India.