website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

17 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Baseball/softball to replace rugby/golf for the "hosts sports wishes" and even they are so-so... The rest aren't even sports and have no place in the Olympics. While they are at it, why not choose also video games and Ninja Warrior. Bet they would bring more interest in Japan than the others...

By the way. Golf and rugby is secure for the 2020 games as well.

I'm not expert, but isn't softball like the female version of baseball, like hurling/camogie or 110m hurdles/100m hurdles? In that way, softball could just be like Women's Baseball, just called Women's softball. Or am I mistaken?

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

hace 2 minutos, Mkbw50 said:

I'm not expert, but isn't softball like the female version of baseball, like hurling/camogie or 110m hurdles/100m hurdles? In that way, softball could just be like Women's Baseball, just called Women's softball. Or am I mistaken?

No, Softball is a sport of its own, very similar to baseball, but with some differences (the size of the ball, the pitching technique).

There is both men's softball and women's baseball, but they have never been in the olympics.

4 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

More or less correct. There is no real high level men's softball or women's baseball (though they do hold world championships for both), but softball is still very popular as a men's participation sport and at a youth level quite a few girls play baseball.

Don't get the skateboarding thing. And not sure about the surf. I think IOC is lost triying to reach the youngers. For me, is like those 45 year old dads that try so hard to be cool in front of their sons friends and they just embarrassed them.

Having already the BMX in the games, the easier and more logical thing is to add a couple of BMX Freestyle events, that trying to build a "new sport" in four year.

News to people from Ireland.

Discovery have sub-licensed to RTÉ

Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane will front coverage.

JK lol. Good or bad?

In brotherhood unfold

12 minutes ago, Jur said:

Don't get the skateboarding thing. And not sure about the surf. I think IOC is lost triying to reach the youngers. For me, is like those 45 year old dads that try so hard to be cool in front of their sons friends and they just embarrassed them.

Having already the BMX in the games, the easier and more logical thing is to add a couple of BMX Freestyle events, that trying to build a "new sport" in four year.

That's a great comparison! :d

#banbestmen

News for Croatians

Discovery have gone and sub-licensed to HRT

I think we can see what is happening here...

In brotherhood unfold

• 4 weeks later...

News for Austrian and Hungarians

Discovery have sub-licensed to ORF in Austria and MTVA in Hungary

In brotherhood unfold

News for Swiss

Discovery have sub-licensed to SBC (Swiss Broadcasting Corporation, SRG SSR in Switzerland)

In brotherhood unfold