website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Save The Planet Thread

bestmen

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

plasticgraph.jpg

This kind of shit is the cancer of the world.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, bestmen said:

and this Photo of Younes :ALG   has literally gone around the world and the hashtag #trashtagchallenge  is born

53563443_10156466235069055_4492088831549

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcOfOg4uFRUWX6_LAa63d

and then  from around the world

Reveal hidden contents

Great! So where are we putting all of this non-biodegradable trash now?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

and this Photo of Younes :ALG   has literally gone around the world and the hashtag #trashtagchallenge  is born

53563443_10156466235069055_4492088831549

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcOfOg4uFRUWX6_LAa63d

and then  from around the world

Reveal hidden contents

Never seen those photos before.

One of the places where we can get a lot better in Denmark.

Having cleaned up after the annual boat race in Aarhus 6 times, I know what I talk about.

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: plante, blomst, friluftsliv og natur

(and that's after the first few hours)

Several festivals aren't much better.

It's down to the CO2 emission and quite frankly China, USA & India are way ahead on this list. Nothing will change because they countries make too much industrial profit to cut down on it. Add the global deforestation (I wonder how much of the Amazon forest has been lost already) and you're pouring fuel into the fire. The global technology means the world will collapse under the weight of it's own success. It's unavoidable so all the micro recycling ideas are of no real use tbh :dunno: When the Arctic ice melts is some thousands of years time things will really get interesting! I suspect several countries will disappear under water and nobody would be able to prevent it. Nature usually gets the better of humans anyway.