website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Team Sizes

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Shouldnt Serbia have cross country skiers?

They declined everything :yikes: 

Two women's spots, one men's. Presumably because the races in Zlatibor last week were....kind of messed up for them by the presence of all kinds of outsiders (Spain, Brazil and such).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

Shouldnt Serbia have cross country skiers?

Yep 3 (1 M + 2W) but for some reason Serbian federation/NOC declined all of them, so SRB will have in China only 2 Alpine skiers.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/v2/quota/list/owg/cc/2022

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

They declined everything :yikes: 

Two women's spots, one men's. Presumably because the races in Zlatibor last week were....kind of messed up for them by the presence of all kinds of outsiders (Spain, Brazil and such).

I am shocked, this is pathetic. Just 2 skiers, almost same as some tropical countries.

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep 3 (1 M + 2W) but for some reason Serbian federation/NOC declined all of them, so SRB will have in China only 2 Alpine skiers.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/v2/quota/list/owg/cc/2022

Thanks!

Serbia had biathlon, bob, snowboard athletes, and now this.

Nevena Ignjatovic is almost nonexistent in WC, men dont appear even in EC. So why sending them at all...

1 minute ago, ChandlerMne said:

I am shocked, this is pathetic. Just 2 skiers, almost same as some tropical countries.

Yep. And it's not like they're not good enough...I mean, they're no medal contenders of course, but they are definitely fine skiers. But the way I understood it is they (the women, at least) needed to get under 70 FIS points in a classic race according to some internal criteria. Which they were planning to do last week, until a bunch of stronger outsiders came along and their chances to do so were basically gone. Possibly same thing, but different number for the men.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

:CHN  CHINA: 171

Cross-Country Skiing: 9

Alpine Skiing: 4

Ski Jumping: 3

Nordic Combined: 1

Freestyle Skiing: 21

Snowboarding: 13

Biathlon: 8

Ice Hockey: 48

Curling: 12

Bobsleigh: 12

Skeleton: 4

Luge: 4

Figure Skating: 8

Short Track Speed Skating: 10

Speed Skating: 14

I think China will be at 170 because one halfpipe and one slopestyle/big air quota will both be used on Eileen Gu.

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I think China will be at 170 because one halfpipe and one slopestyle/big air quota will both be used on Eileen Gu.

you are right about this. But I didn't count that precise at this stage since China doesn't release the list yet (but we all know she will be selected for all these events). To be more accurate, it could be 169, one female curling athlete may attend both women's team and mixed team. Anyway I will update when it's confirmed.

Finito, ende, terminé, game over...

Mr. Monk would be proud and happy how we rounded the final number at the very last minute :p

:SVK federations send their list of nominated and qualified athletes to our NOC.

Friday morning the 21st, the General Assembly of slovak NOC will meet to the approval session where the entire delegation is expected to be approved and accepted.

So until then "unofficially"

:SVK  50

(37+13)

Ice Hockey  25  (25+0)

Biathlon  8  (4+4)

Alpine Skiing  5  (2+3)

Cross-Country Skiing  5  (2+3)

Luge  5  (4+1)

Bobsleigh  1   (0+1)

Snobowboarding (Park&Pipe)   1 (0+1)

More to come this Friday after the General Nomination Assembly...