website statistics

Ski Jumping 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Now I really wonder where they found them ? 

Except for Kapustik they all look (from the name) like southern Slovaks (I mean, with Hungarian roots, though quite far as these names are a little bit far from the Hungarian spelling we're used to nowadays). Exactly the same point for the "Romanian" Csaba Szabo - I'm sure he's Hungarian origin (as well as Eduard Torok, who changed national team to Hungary lately).

1 hour ago, Vojthas said:

Except for Kapustik they all look (from the name) like southern Slovaks (I mean, with Hungarian roots, though quite far as these names are a little bit far from the Hungarian spelling we're used to nowadays). Exactly the same point for the "Romanian" Csaba Szabo - I'm sure he's Hungarian origin (as well as Eduard Torok, who changed national team to Hungary lately).

Well, yeah, that´s not so easy to say, nowadays basically half of the country inhabitants has Hungarian origin family name :p, remember among the most frequent names here you should find the likes of Kovač (Kovacs), Nagy or for example Varga but it doesn´t must automatically mean they are originally from Hungarian minority, It is just some "heritage" of the Personal Names Magyarization held in the area during the 18-19th centuries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magyarization#The_Magyarization_of_personal_names

Also for the mentioned guys, after a brief look on their biographies, 3 of the guys are members of Banská Bystrica Ski Club and Siragi is from Ski Club Selce, cities in the middle of the country.

On 24/10/2019 at 18:28, heywoodu said:

It's been a while since I had a new ski jumper to cheer for, let's go Hektor :d 

Interview in our main sports site :p google translate should help if you are interested https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/419724/mlady-skokan-na-lyziach-hektor-kapustik-let-jesenneho-listu-za-obzory/ the kid has 12 years he is 151cm for 35kg a blonde kid with braid. his idols are Kamil Stoch and Stefan Kraft and the 121m jump was his first ever jump in K120. He hate maths and is too lazy at school, according to his mother, but skilled in languages. :p

that pictures lol

gU6FoVNxTIqSf1q4WKAuYA~Hektor-Kapust-k-n

xOwRJSHCRZzCzHbtNvVrJQ~Hektor-so-svoj-m-

followed by another article about the marasmus of slovak ski jumping situation. we have 2 hills, on one of them it is forbidden to jump, on the other it is impossible to jump. the hills belongs to the village of Štrba, therefore the federation SLA can not asks for obtaining funds for necessary repairs. https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/419898/slovensko-trpi-na-nedostatocnu-infrastrukturu-velky-mostik-na-strbskom-plese-sa-neda-prestavat/ :lol:

I hate maths too, Hektor is quickly growing in my list of favorites.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hate maths too, Hektor is quickly growing in my list of favorites.

Mine too :p. Hate math, good at language. Mother doesn’t like his life choices :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 24/10/2019 at 20:28, hckosice said:

Do you know how much they ask for one training session in Zakopane ? :d

No, jokes aside, the best, easiest option and more logical would be to just cross the river and ask for czech citizenship. He still has 3 years for that, the question is whether he will still want to continue doing this sport, because this will require maybe too much extreme effort and devotion from his parents in our current conditions around this sport

Zakopane hill complex is complete trash except for the Big Krokiew. The smaller hills are of no use in current shape. 12 year olds might train in Szczyrk or Wisla but not in Zakopane.

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Zakopane hill complex is complete trash except for the Big Krokiew. The smaller hills are of no use in current shape. 12 year olds might train in Szczyrk or Wisla but not in Zakopane.

Except that this kid is already jumping on K120 hills

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Except that this kid is already jumping on K120 hills

Well, I hope his knees can somehow survive this punishment then. More teenagers suffer career-ending injuries than make it all the way into the World Cup.

I didn’t realize how many hills we actually have in the US. I was doing research on US sports, and was very surprised to see how many hills (at least training ones) and jumpers we have. It seems like there’s some good structure in place too, so I guess ski jumping isn’t as outlandish in the US as I thought :dunno: