website statistics

Ski Jumping 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

SVK Male ski jumper yupiii :woohoo: still only 12 years old but apparently with some interesting potential, became the first ever to jump over 120m after Tomáš Zmoray 8 years ago :lol:  anyway he is currently officially the only one and sole active slovak male ski jumper, hope he wont give up too soon

It's been a while since I had a new ski jumper to cheer for, let's go Hektor :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

SVK Male ski jumper yupiii :woohoo: still only 12 years old but apparently with some interesting potential, became the first ever to jump over 120m after Tomáš Zmoray 8 years ago :lol:  anyway he is currently officially the only one and sole active slovak male ski jumper, hope he wont give up too soon

He’ll be eligible for the 2024 YOG, and then maybe the 2026 Winter Olympics (but I’d say 2030 is more realistic)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

He’ll be eligible for the 2024 YOG, and then maybe the 2026 Winter Olympics (but I’d say 2030 is more realistic)

I don´t see him competing until 2024 mate. If he´ll not switch nationality. You can hardly compete or even just train without funds or any other help, this section is dead here.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I don´t see him competing until 2024 mate. If he´ll not switch nationality. You can hardly compete or even just train without funds or any other help, this section is dead here.

At least some Polish hills shouldn't be too far away I guess, that's something. Him doing this at age 12 shows he has some potential indeed, hopefully it helps in getting some sort of support from somewhere, outside Slovakia if needed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

At least some Polish hills shouldn't be too far away I guess, that's something. Him doing this at age 12 shows he has some potential indeed, hopefully it helps in getting some sort of support from somewhere, outside Slovakia if needed.

Do you know how much they ask for one training session in Zakopane ? :d

No, jokes aside, the best, easiest option and more logical would be to just cross the river and ask for czech citizenship. He still has 3 years for that, the question is whether he will still want to continue doing this sport, because this will require maybe too much extreme effort and devotion from his parents in our current conditions around this sport

18 minut temu, hckosice napisał:

Do you know how much they ask for one training session in Zakopane ? :d

No, jokes aside, the best, easiest option and more logical would be to just cross the river and ask for czech citizenship. He still has 3 years for that, the question is whether he will still want to continue doing this sport, because this will require maybe too much extreme effort and devotion from his parents in our current conditions around this sport

As a Pole, I also think that it would be better for him if he accepted the help of the Czechs. We do not train youth at a high level. Although by the time Apoloniusz Tajner manages the Polish Ski Association, the money for jumps and jumpers will be available. Worse, it's much worse in other sports.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, I’m impressed by him. Most countries won’t let their athletes do 120 hills until there 15-17 years old. I’d say he has serious talent.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 hours ago, hckosice said:

Wow! And.. There are a few more :)

DD4FF1FA-5C01-4F10-9F75-43496D44B0FC.png