website statistics

Luge 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Col_Frost

• 2 months later...

I don't know where to attach it, so I'll write here. On Sunday (September 29), the president of the Polish Association of Toboggan Sports - Michał Jasnosz, passed away. He served in the federation since December 2012, and his next term was to expire in 2022, i.e. after the Beijing Games.

"The 4-time Olympic champion Natalie Geisenberger of Germany ?? will not slide in the upcoming season. The 31-year-old is pregnant and expecting her first child in April 2020.  Germany's most successful luge athlete has won the overall Viessmann FIL Luge World Cup seven times in a row and nine World Championship titles." Source International Luge Fedration on Facebook 

1 godzinę temu, TomJa napisał:

"The 4-time Olympic champion Natalie Geisenberger of Germany ?? will not slide in the upcoming season. The 31-year-old is pregnant and expecting her first child in April 2020.  Germany's most successful luge athlete has won the overall Viessmann FIL Luge World Cup seven times in a row and nine World Championship titles." Source International Luge Fedration on Facebook 

So propably she'll be back next season and in Beijing she'll take the gold ;) Poorly that she won't start this season but to be honest is one of two seasons in in olympic 4-yeas cycle that she can miss. And German team won't be weaker because of that.

1 hour ago, TomJa said:

good luck to Natalie...hope everything's going well...

22 minuty temu, Col_Frost napisał:

So propably she'll be back next season and in Beijing she'll take the gold ;) Poorly that she won't start this season but to be honest is one of two seasons in in olympic 4-yeas cycle that she can miss. And German team won't be weaker because of that.

I fully agree with you. I hope, in the absence of Natalie, Julia Taubitz will finally have the opportunity to show their full potential.

3 godziny temu, Federer91 napisał:

Non-germans for the win, like always in luge. Let's make things interesting again. 

Luge only is boring in theory. It is true that the one who looks from the side and sees only the Germans at the head may think so. But there are many components, which means that Germany is not the only major nation in this sport.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2019 at 08:04, TomJa said:

Wow, now someone non-German could win the title!

Spoiler

Lol.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!