website statistics

Curling 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 2 weeks later...

While the Europeans are on, in Poland my team made a great debut in the Polish Curling League (third level), winning both games this weekend. We played for the first time in this roster. However, next leg (21-22 December) will be quite interesting, as we play against the other two teams, who have also won their both games so far.

41 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

While the Europeans are on, in Poland my team made a great debut in the Polish Curling League (third level), winning both games this weekend. We played for the first time in this roster. However, next leg (21-22 December) will be quite interesting, as we play against the other two teams, who have also won their both games so far.

I was just coming here to call out your success :p. Congrats

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Curling Junior World Championships are on this week, from Krasnoyarsk. Russia.

Here’s the live schedule

https://worldcurling.org/2020/02/broadcast-wjcc2020/

Showing on the World Curling Federation’s YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCurlingTV

And if you can get the BBC, coverage of the two Scottish Championship finals today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/winter-sports/51401156

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, NearPup said:

The 2020 worlds will not be made up.

This affects Olympic qualification then right? I wonder what the WCF will do about that?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This affects Olympic qualification then right? I wonder what the WCF will do about that?

Probably nothing. The qualification points will be based on 2021 WCH alone most likely. Curling is one of the least diverse sports anyway with always the usual suspects competing all the time. It won't be a problem.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Probably nothing. The qualification points will be based on 2021 WCH alone most likely. Curling is one of the least diverse sports anyway with always the usual suspects competing all the time. It won't be a problem.

There’s been some recent growth though. Ukraine open its first purpose-built Curling center this winter. Sure it’s the probably the saddest thing you’ve ever seen, but it’s better than nothing :p

I do agree that the sport is still marked by terrible lack of diversity. I’m really hoping to see some new faces in Beijing. Hopefully Mixed Doubles actually gives us some new faces this time.