website statistics

Bobsleigh 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Col_Frost

Just now, NearPup said:

Some irony: Humphries alleges that the abuse comes from :USA Todd Hays, the Canadian coach. He previously coached the women’s US teams and apparently two athletes in the US filled harassment claims against him.

Mainly I think besides the toxic relationship with bobsled Canada, I think she choose the US to be closer to her husband. What kills me is how ungrateful some Canadian’s are for her achievement. She gave you two gold medal ffs!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

The way some many Canadians are treating Kaillie Humphries is disgraceful, disrespectful, and deplorable. She won your country 3 Olympic medals (two of which were gold, and one those was in Canada!), 3 overall World Cup titles, 2 world championships, and world championship bronze while being the female driver of a four-man bobsled! It’s so disgusting to see Canadian’s saying things like “good riddance”, “I hope she gets her ass kicked”, “I hope she never wins again”, and calling her the Antonio Brown of bobsled. Notably these are mostly men saying these things, so I honestly do blame her for leaving, but people need to grow the fuck up. She didn’t murder someone, she didn’t dope, she didn’t cheat, she rose to fame representing Canada, she didn’t abuse her teammates, she didn’t attack anyone. Ahh! 
Why do white dudes (excluding myself, cause I woke.) got to be so bad? Bros, be complaining about women or anything progressive all the time. “Women can’t run farther than 800m”, “Black people aren’t actually human”, etc. White dudes are fucking insane. I thought this whole white nationalist thing was an American, and maybe in some cases, a European problem, but this is just insane coming from Canada. 

I really do wish Humphries the best, though I highly doubt the environment over here is better...

I still love Canada, but y’all need to chill the fuck out and go play ice hockey to take out your anger on each other.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/09/2019 at 08:08, Olympian1010 said:

world championship bronze while being the female driver of a four-man bobsled!

And when did she do that?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

And when did she do that?

I got the mixed team and mixed 4-man confused :facepalm:. Sometimes I really am just an idiot. Thanks, for correcting me though :thumbup:

Przed chwilą, Olympian1010 napisał:

I got the mixed team and mixed 4-man confused :facepalm:. Sometimes I really am just an idiot. Thanks, for correcting me though :thumbup:

"Only the one who doesn't make mistakes, who doesn't do anything." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

She did drive a 4-man sled in the World Cup, like Elana Meyers Taylor, although that wasn't particularly impressive in terms of her driving skills, mostly hitting every possible wall.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And very excited waiting for the arrival of her baby I might add :d. Half her posts are about that.

On 14/09/2019 at 00:02, Olympian1010 said:

Mainly I think besides the toxic relationship with bobsled Canada, I think she choose the US to be closer to her husband. What kills me is how ungrateful some Canadian’s are for her achievement. She gave you two gold medal ffs!

So what? She is still a traitor. You turn your back on the entire nation because of Todd Hays? Really? No wonder people are upset. I hope the fans give her hell and then some! Narcisstic woman deserves no sympathy.