website statistics

Bobsleigh 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

Col_Frost

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I forget about Akwasi Frimpong, one of my favorite athletes, but he’s been in the news quite a bit lately. Ghana Gas, Ghana’s State Gas Company, just signee him into a four year sponsorship. He helped run Nigeria’s bobsled tryouts. He helped set up :GAM, :TOG, and :ERI new Bobsled federations (and they have or are about to join the IBSF. He also launched his own sportswear company. Talk about a busy man and great Olympian. Hopefully he really does become a medal contender for 2022. 

His company recently began manufacturing skinsuits (racesuits) for those on the IBSF circuit. Here’s the one he made for a Mexican athlete @mrv86

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I quite like the design, incorporating some "charro" outfit elements without looking tacky :thumbup:

Yes, that's what we're used from Mexican winter athletes :p 

Spoiler

la-ar-mexico-olympian-hubertus-von-hohen

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, that's what we're used from Mexican winter athletes :p 

Reveal hidden contents

I quite liked the dios de Los muertos/ Sugar Scull look from the last Winter Olympics. That one might be my favorite skin suit of all time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, NearPup said:

Kaillie Humphries is leaving Canada and wants to compete for :USA Team USA due to feeling unsafe in team Canada. She claims that she has been harassed and that her concerns have not been taken seriously.

Thanks for the gift. I can almost guarantee she won’t find anything better here.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Thanks for the gift. I can almost guarantee she won’t find anything better here.

That's rather difficult to say without A) knowing exactly what happened to her and B) having inside knowledge (not the stuff in newspapers) of the goings on inside the American team.

I can almost guarantee she knows a hell of a lot better what's going on in both the Canadian and American bobsleigh worlds than you and me both, and if she specifically decides to leave Canada for USA, it is fairly safe to assume she - with 15 years of experience and huge networks in the entire bobsleigh world - has a pretty good idea about the American team being a better environment for her.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!