website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

9 horas atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Can’t believe @brunamoura didn’t make the list. I can’t think of a bigger biathlon star (at least on the forum)...

That's kind of you ?

But I can imagine that my name isn't there for two reasons:

1- no World Cups for me yet;

2- my federation didn't take my name off IBU's system yet so, for IBU, I am still an active athlete. CBDN wants me to do some races for them next season even if my focus is on cross country from now on because every start of mine will give them money and equipments from IBU. First they put only one stage in my schedule (Orsblie), as I don't want to do Biathlon next season for "x" reasons, we were negotiation to remove it (maybe I would have no choice, otherwise they wouldn't support me for the cross country season) but a few days later they also added the Open Europeu in my schedule! I already said that I am not going to start, but still they didn't remove it. There will be a meeting at CBDN next week to talk about the next season and its needed changes due to coronavirus and after that someone will call me so we can talk about my schedule.

On 21/04/2020 at 15:47, Wumo said:

A bit of a suprise to see Torstein Stenersen is no longer part of the A-National Team. Not that he produced any great results in the WC last season. But leaving him out of the team entirely, comes as a suprise to me. 

Apparently, Wikipedia has him in the retired section, so perhaps that's why :p

Although an article I've google translated from Swedish just said that he's kicked from the A team and nothing about his retirement.

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Apparently, Wikipedia has him in the retired section, so perhaps that's why :p

Although an article I've google translated from Swedish just said that he's kicked from the A team and nothing about his retirement.

Now I'm curious. I've thrown out a virtual fishing line, let's see if we catch ourselves an answer :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Now I'm curious. I've thrown out a virtual fishing line, let's see if we catch ourselves an answer :p 

I can only find this about him.

https://www.svt.se/sport/skidskytte/torstein-stenersen-petadurlandslaget

Nothing about him retiring from biathlon. 

Also, was this the article you found @Werloc?

6 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I can only find this about him.

https://www.svt.se/sport/skidskytte/torstein-stenersen-petadurlandslaget

Nothing about him retiring from biathlon. 

Also, was this the article you found @Werloc?

Yup, that's why I'm not particularly trusting Wikipedia, unless Stenersen himself updated that page :p

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Yup, that's why I'm not particularly trusting Wikipedia, unless Stenersen himself updated that page :p

I have checked his Instagram and he hasn't posted anything about his retirement. I have no idea why his Wiki says something about retirement? :d

https://www.instagram.com/torsteinstenersen/?hl=da

4 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I have checked his Instagram and he hasn't posted anything about his retirement. I have no idea why his Wiki says something about retirement? :d

https://www.instagram.com/torsteinstenersen/?hl=da

Perhaps random people determine being kicked from the A team at 31 yo is the end :lol:

Russia has announced their 24 potential athletes:

Men:

Dmitry Malyshko, Ilnaz Mukhamedzyanov, Peter Pashchenko, Alex Petrov, Alexander Povarnitsyn, Nikita Porshnev, Yevgeniy Sidorov, Alexey Slepov, Kirill Streltsov, Simon Achilov, Basil Tomshin, Karim Khalili, Yuri Shopin.

Women:

Tatyana Akimova Anastasia Barkovskaya, Valeria Vasnetsov, Daria Virolainen, Tamara Voronina, Natalia Gerbulov, Ekaterina Glazyrina, Anastasia Egorova, Irina Kazakevich, Elizabeth Caplin, Uliana Kaisheva, Larisa Kuklina, Svetlana Mironova, Ekaterina Moshkova, Anna Nikulina, Eugenia Pavlova, Anastasia Porshnev, Kristina Reztsova, RESEDA sibgatullina, Victoria Slivko, Old Irina, Anastasia Khaliullina, Pauline Chevnina, Ekaterina Yurlova-Part.

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Perhaps random people determine being kicked from the A team at 31 yo is the end :lol:

Or people trying to figure out which athletes check their own Wikipedia pages :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Russia has announced their 24 potential athletes:

Men:

Dmitry Malyshko, Ilnaz Mukhamedzyanov, Peter Pashchenko, Alex Petrov, Alexander Povarnitsyn, Nikita Porshnev, Yevgeniy Sidorov, Alexey Slepov, Kirill Streltsov, Simon Achilov, Basil Tomshin, Karim Khalili, Yuri Shopin.

Women:

Tatyana Akimova Anastasia Barkovskaya, Valeria Vasnetsov, Daria Virolainen, Tamara Voronina, Natalia Gerbulov, Ekaterina Glazyrina, Anastasia Egorova, Irina Kazakevich, Elizabeth Caplin, Uliana Kaisheva, Larisa Kuklina, Svetlana Mironova, Ekaterina Moshkova, Anna Nikulina, Eugenia Pavlova, Anastasia Porshnev, Kristina Reztsova, RESEDA sibgatullina, Victoria Slivko, Old Irina, Anastasia Khaliullina, Pauline Chevnina, Ekaterina Yurlova-Part.

Damn, did they simply list all of the Kubok Rossii participants or what? :yikes: