website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

50 minutes ago, Belle said:

The Swedish Cross-Country Star Stina Nilsson will compete in Biathlon instead for Cross-country

Holy moly, now that's a cross-over that I can get behind :woot:

Although the Swedish ladies are improving at a high speed and the team already looks stacked, Nilsson would be a very strong addition when she gets her shooting to at least an 80%

Probably no space for Hogberg on the team, she's the Horchler sisters of Sweden (even though Karolin was on the entire season, it's clear to see that Germany got very very desperate this year that they turned to Karolin)

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Holy moly, now that's a cross-over that I can get behind :woot:

Although the Swedish ladies are improving at a high speed and the team already looks stacked, Nilsson would be a very strong addition when she gets her shooting to at least an 80%

Probably no space for Hogberg on the team, she's the Horchler sisters of Sweden (even though Karolin was on the entire season, it's clear to see that Germany got very very desperate this year that they turned to Karolin)

My only reason at being a little sad about this move, although let's be fair: Nilsson will definitely have to learn a lot in terms of shooting first.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

My only reason at being a little sad about this move, although let's be fair: Nilsson will definitely have to learn a lot in terms of shooting first.

They'd even pick an immovable rock to start for Sweden just so that they wouldn't have to use Hogberg :d

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

They'd even pick an immovable rock to start for Sweden just so that they wouldn't have to use Hogberg :d

But man Högberg deserves it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

But man Högberg deserves it.

She won IBU cup for them missing 8 races, then gets randomly thrown into a world cup sprint, doesn't get a good placement and demoted back to the IBU. Pretty unfair treatment. She definitely deserved as much if not more chances than Skottheim got and Magnusson as well.

Last year they were in love with Emma Nilsson and Ingela Andersson.

So this time they can go for a different Nilsson and for shits and giggles they can also use the fourth best Swede in the ibu cup, Lindqvist

Edited by Werloc

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

She won IBU cup for them missing 8 races, then gets randomly thrown into a world cup sprint, doesn't get a good placement and demoted back to the IBU. Pretty unfair treatment. She definitely deserved as much if not more chances than Skottheim got and Magnusson as well.

Last year they were in love with Emma Nilsson and Ingela Andersson.

So this time they can go for a different Nilsson and for shits and giggles they can also use the fourth best Swede in the ibu cup, Lindqvist

I have not much problems with Andersson getting chances, although she's not a Högberg :p 

13 minutes ago, Werloc said:

In biathlon there are less Norwegian girls to lose against, this definitely increases everyone's odds.

In this case I think Roiseland and Eckhoff Will be more difficult to beat than the norwegian sprinters :p now Johaug will get rid of one of very few who had beaten her in distance since her comeback. I could see Nilsson win the overall world cup with some more stabile distance performances But lets see what she can do in biathlon. Guess she had time to practice shooting under her injury so she can be sure she has potential for it. Appearently her plan was biarhlon after 2022 But changed her mind after injury. Hope for more success than Carolina Klüfts Change from Heptathlon to long Jump and tripple jump ;)

Edited by Swewi