website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Many athletes doesn’t equal not worth improving. We could have more athletes, or more competitive athletes. There’s between 190-220 countries in the world depending upon your beliefs, 25-30 seems rather low. While 100 countries can’t reasonably compete, the number still seems low then.

It's a winter sport. Half of the world is automatically excluded from being competitive in it unless some single maniacs move to a country where there is snow present. You can't fix that no matter what bright ideas you have.

Looking at winter sports, biathlon has the most athletes and nations competing at a high level. And you're not satisfied with it and want to change that?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Please show me just one other winter sport where there are more athletes and nations competing at the highest level. Just one!

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, of course. Sport should fuck the planet over! I forget about that Olympic moral.

World isn't build on morals. Sorry to bring you the bad news but the climate change crusaders ain't running OPEC out of business. Not in this century anyway :p

After the next global war which will be nuclear we will all start from the scratch anyway :bye:

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's a winter sport. Half of the world is automatically excluded from being competitive in it unless some single maniacs move to a country where there is snow present. You can't fix that no matter what bright ideas you have.

Looking at winter sports, biathlon has the most athletes and nations competing at a high level. And you're not satisfied with it and want to change that?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Please show me just one other winter sport where there are more athletes and nations competing at the highest level. Just one!

Right, but there are still countries that have the right conditions, but that aren’t competitive. 

I’m greatly satisfied with the amount of countries, but that shouldn’t stop the IBU for pushing for even more nations. 

To you it doesn’t, to me it does.

There isn’t, we could try to up those numbers too

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

World isn't build on morals. Sorry to bring you the bad news but the climate change crusaders ain't running OPEC out of business. Not in this century anyway :p

After the next global war which will be nuclear we will all start from the scratch anyway :bye:

This is the attitude that kills. Well, I can’t change the entire world at once, so why should I try? Sport is a moral place, almost religious in many aspects. Climate change directly effects this sport we all love, so we should what WE CAN to limit the impacts. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Right, but there are still countries that have the right conditions, but that aren’t competitive. 

I’m greatly satisfied with the amount of countries, but that shouldn’t stop the IBU for pushing for even more nations. 

To you it doesn’t, to me it does.

There isn’t, we could try to up those numbers too

Considering it's a winter sport, biathlon has basically reached the peak of its powers. What other countries that have a potential but are missing would you add? There is only as much snow available ;)

I'm more than satisfied Germany doesn't dominate luge anymore.

Chinese dominance in table tennis is still real though. Every God damn nation has a Chinese player competing under their flag :p Hell, Poland's best table tennis player is Chinese too!

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is the attitude that kills. Well, I can’t change the entire world at once, so why should I try? Sport is a moral place, almost religious in many aspects. Climate change directly effects this sport we all love, so we should what WE CAN to limit the impacts. 

I have to worry about my job and family so excuse me I'm not jumping on the "I can change the world" bandwagon :whistle:  I kinda suspect you don't have to worry about a mortgage or any kids at your home yet, right? ;)

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or have some magic erasing come tomorrow morning...

All I can say, is that @RobtheAggie will be very exited, confused, and then sad.

Yup! 

I stay away from my computer for the day. Wow!  40% of this thread in 8 hours!

Edited by RobtheAggie

8 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Yup! 

I’ll save you time, don’t read it.

11 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Yup! 

:roflmao: Same thing, got back on just now to catch up before the race starts & there’s 15 pages of arguments about a hypothetical possibility.  Honestly, this is like being trapped in a temporal whirlpool at a Star Trek Convention. :raspberry:

Edited by Grassmarket

Well;I did find todays competition as exciting as any other distance..and then some.

The distance biathlon competition ain´t broken.Only a fool would try to fix something like this.

I don´t want any more sprints or any more mass starts.Actually,if one cannot follow a competition like distance biathlon then it´s the personal IQ that needs fixing me thinks.