website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

à l’instant, Monzanator a dit :

His time at the top has passed. If he struggles as much this season as he did last year then he will call it quits. JTB is the new King of Biathlon.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "just wait  meme giphy"

Nothing has changed here. He was allready saying the exact same thing after Pyeongchang.

It is funny that we are talking about Fourcade like he is an also-ran.  Yes by his amazing standards it was a bad season.  But look what he did do.  

12th in Overall points standings

11th in Sprint points standings

10th in Pursuit standings

12th in Individual standings

3 wins

2 2nd

1 3rd

5 4th

As a fan of US Biathlon, this would be awesome to have a US biathlete doing this well.  The key is that it is Martin Fourcade we are talking about.  

If this season does not go well for him, by his standards, I can see him exiting as one of the most accomplished biathletes ever.  If JTB continues to develop, which is crazy to think that he can still get better, the gap might be too much for Fourcade to want to compete for 2nd place.  He is learning what so many people though of when he was at his prime.

Edited by RobtheAggie

So, this is a very interesting article about improvements in International sports organizations.  

SGO2019

"It should be noted in all fairness that the IBU following criminal investigations and exchange of the top leadership in the spring of 2018, has embarked on a reform process that was not yet completed by the time of the SGO benchmarking."

I hope these numbers improve.  I wonder why the societal responsibility is so low?

On 09/10/2019 at 09:14, Monzanator said:

Then he should have retired after Pyeongchang and cut the bullshit. His body language last season said a lot. He just can't accept JTB has pulled so far ahead of him. When it's gone, it's gone.

Bo responds, sort of to this announcement.

Boe believes Fourcade is a rejuvenated force and he is excited to do battle with him once more.

"From what he showed this summer, his physique, his attitudes, I think he's ready to go back to battle." Boe told TV2.

“After a not very positive season, he's probably driven by new feelings.

" He will probably want to show everyone that he can beat me again. "

“It will be good for the public, the TV, a little less for us because we hate to lose both, I hope we will have this beautiful duel.”

Boe also confirmed that he will probably miss one or two meets early in 2020 as he prepares to become a father for the first time.

"For me it's very important to be present when our child is born, these are moments I do not want to miss.

"I am convinced to come back even stronger, being father will probably give me extra motivation for the future."

That should open the door as well if he does miss say the German meets.

A few more random bits of news.

Olga Podchufarova the retired Russian biathlete, who came out of retirement this past summer, will ski for Slovenia.

I also found this discussion fun, a random West Australian on his blog announced how excited he was about biathlon and snow.  The comments are where it becomes fun.  I think that all of us have had a conversation like this one.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

A few more random bits of news.

Olga Podchufarova the retired Russian biathlete, who came out of retirement this past summer, will ski for Slovenia.

I also found this discussion fun, a random West Australian on his blog announced how excited he was about biathlon and snow.  The comments are where it becomes fun.  I think that all of us have had a conversation like this one.

Oh great, Kuzmina's retirement from the relays can be dealt with pretty alright then.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Few notes:

IBU has its Extraordinary Congress this weekend.  New constitution on tap as well as the Target 26, which is "

a commitment to building on the sport's strong foundations and maximising its huge global potential.

Centred on five key targets, the strategic plan provides a clear framework and tangible objectives for the IBU to fulfil between now and 2026."  

This is being called the "blueprint for the sport's future."  There are "five key targets" included in the 400 page handbook.  I would love to see what these are.  

Also check out the red locks on US Youth Olympian Van Ledger - 

2019-09-28-Van-Ledger-inside-02.jpg

2019-09-28-Van-Ledger-inside-01.jpg