website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

Thanks for those results.  Interesting who from the US was there.

Jake Ellington - IBU Cup Experience

Evertt Darrow - Junior

Travis Cooper - US Men's B Team

Cody Johnson - NORAM

Siena Ellington - NORAM

Barb Blanke - NORAM

Sam Miller ?????

Travis Cooper is on the US Men's B Team

I wonder where the funding came from for the trip?

1 hour ago, RobtheAggie said:

Thanks for those results.  Interesting who from the US was there.

Jake Ellington - IBU Cup Experience

Evertt Darrow - Junior

Travis Cooper - US Men's B Team

Cody Johnson - NORAM

Siena Ellington - NORAM

Barb Blanke - NORAM

Sam Miller ?????

Travis Cooper is on the US Men's B Team

I wonder where the funding came from for the trip?

Why they're there is just as much of a mystery for me as why the Russians are there :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

Start Lists for Australian Biathlon Championships are out.

Short Individual is here.

Sprint is here.

Still no results for the Oceania Cup.

It is 98 degrees outside here, and I am really wishing for snow right about now!

That's a sad level of opposition for Jill. Fairly sure she'll take the double, I'm hoping Jeremy Flanagan does the same.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Jillian Colebourn wins the Oceania Cup Super Sprint.  Not many details to be found.  

Some good pictures of the Short Individual, but no results yet.  

68292120_2167043946755370_89391042533649

68461705_2167044110088687_90822080883117

Love the names.

68546960_2167044190088679_83175355211359

The hat is really nice!

It is also neat to see the very different trees at a Biathlon venue.  Looks like it has 15 lanes.  

Edited by RobtheAggie

3 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

Jillian Colebourn wins the Oceania Cup Super Sprint.  Not many details to be found.  

Some good pictures of the Short Individual, but no results yet.  

68461705_2167044110088687_90822080883117

Love the names.

The hat is really nice!

It is also neat to see the very different trees at a Biathlon venue.  Looks like it has 15 lanes.  

Yeah I liked the names too. Reminds me of the nicknames for the different age groups of youth athletics. The hat is about as Australian as biathlon will ever get. I was also marveling at the trees around Hotham. It’s like that at the Aussie ski resorts too. It’s a really unique environment (I’d cool if the YOG went down there) that makes the Hotham course special amongst biathlon venues. The trees actually remind me a bit of the large shrubs and bushes at Weber (Park City) biathlon venue and Almaty biathlon center.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

Two clips from the Super Sprint - 

Check out the shorts!

No penalty lap for Jill there, excellent :d 

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I liked the names too. Reminds me of the nicknames for the different age groups of youth athletics. The hat is about as Australian as biathlon will ever get. I was also marveling at the trees around Hotham. It’s like that at the Aussie ski resorts too. It’s a really unique environment (I’d cool if the YOG went down there) that makes the Hotham course special amongst biathlon venues. The trees actually remind me a bit of the large shrubs and bushes at Weber (Park City) biathlon venue and Almaty biathlon center.

I should have some photos from around there from when my girlfriend was running around the course sending photos of the biathletes in action while I was watching the live stream (she competed in the cross-country instead of the biathlon there). Don't specifically remember bushes and trees, but I do remember it was this beautiful open snowy plains.