website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

On 01/08/2019 at 03:15, RobtheAggie said:

Should we try and get Totallympics as an official IBU fan club?

I’d be down. I don’t watch every race, but make sure to watch a good amount every season. I will say that seeing live last year was awesome, so when they come back to the US in 30 years I’ll go rep Totallympics Biathlon :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 29/07/2019 at 11:10, thepharoah said:

This's really awesome news thanks very much, do u have a link for results? 

Victorian Biathlon Championships Results

Short individual results

Sprint  results  

Edited by RobtheAggie

News and notes:

Hope he does well so we will see NZ soon on the IBU Cup!

Niklas Carlsson, former chief executive of the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships Åre 2019, to be its new permanent secretary general for IBU.

2 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

News and notes:

Hope he does well so we will see NZ soon on the IBU Cup!

Niklas Carlsson, former chief executive of the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships Åre 2019, to be its new permanent secretary general for IBU.

Cool, another NZ athlete besides the already pretty talented guy they have (mostly his skiing is really good), although I forgot his name :d Participated in IBU competitions last season

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Nice little add here for the Australian Biathlon Championship.  The Biathlon center is located almost directly between Melbourne and Canberra.  

Here is the upcoming schedule - 

Oceania Cup 14-18 August  (concurrently on 17/18 August with the Australian Biathlon Championships )
Australian Biathlon Championships 17/18 August

Looks like this is the schedule

15 August - Super Sprint (Oceania Cup)

17 August - Short Individual (Oceania Cup and Australian Championships)

18 August - Sprint (Oceania Cup and Australian Championships)

To make us all sad here were the conditions earlier this week - 

Pretty impressive crowd for the opening of a new rollerski track in Belarus.

Any new information about the South American Championships?

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

Any new information about the South American Championships?

I just know my girlfriend isn't competing there (focussing on cross-country for the rest of this week and going back to Brazil next week). She has some information about the competitions in both Portillo and Bariloche though, but since it's all a bit obscure and vague, we're gonna have to figure out exactly who won what :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, here we go. The original plan was simple: competitions in Portillo (Chile) and Bariloche (Argentina), resulting in a ranking based on points and the South American champions being decided by this ranking. However, in came the weather! Or not, actually. There was not enough snow in Portillo, and the fake snow they created melted away. The whole thing then got replaced to Rio Blanco (Chile), which has a homologated track for.....cross-biathlon. Yes, that is running and shooting, instead of skiing and shooting. And yes, that is what will partially decide the South American championships rankings in biathlon, even though it's not biathlon. The sheer stupidity is too much. It does explain how the South Americans managed to stay so close to some of Russia's best IBU Cup athletes :d (because yes, apparently for whatever reason there were some Russians there)

The results of (in order), the mass start, sprint and pursuit:

Spoiler

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 21.50.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 21.50.48 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-13 at 21.50.49.jpeg