website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

32 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

received_221663365825957.jpeg

Still looks better than Brazil's suits.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:SVK Martin Bajcicak has been announced as the new head coach of the women's senior team replacing the A.Veretelny/J. Kowalczyk tandem (they recommended him for the job together with Lukas Bauer, the mean's team coach).

Don't know whether that's good or bad news for the Fialkovas? :p@hckosice

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:SVK Martin Bajcicak has been announced as the new head coach of the women's senior team replacing the A.Veretelny/J. Kowalczyk tandem (they recommended him for the job together with Lukas Bauer, the mean's team coach).

Don't know whether that's good or bad news for the Fialkovas? :p@hckosice

Is it confirmed ? I heard about it but didn´t trust it too much, I know both sisters liked him a lot and "Bajčo" was the main reason of Paja increasing skiing quality.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Is it confirmed ? I heard about it but didn´t trust it too much, I know both sisters liked him a lot and "Bajčo" was the main reason of Paja increasing skiing quality.

Our Skiing Federation has confirmed he signed the papers so it's pretty much official in Poland ;)

Justyna Kowalczyk will remain as part of the staff but she never wanted to become a full-time HC now that Alexander Veretelny has finally decided to retire at age 72 (given he was the head coach of either our biathlon or cross country senior teams since 1987 with little breaks :p ).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

According to NRK, the Norwegian national men's team is going to be cut from 15 to 12 men for the upcoming season. The official announcement of the national team is expected to be announced this Tuesday. 

As usual for Norway the national team will be split into two teams, All-around and Sprint. 

All-around:

Emil Iversen

Didrik Toenseth

Sjur Roethe

Hans Christer Holund

Simen Hegstad Krueger

Martin Loewstroem Nyenget

Sprint:

Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo 

Sindre Bjoernestad Skar

Finn-Haagen Krogh

Paal Golberg

Erik Valnes

Haavard Solaas Taugboel

Nyenget and Taugboel will both be new on the national team. However, the top story in Norwegian media about the selection is more about a name that is missing from the list which is Martin Johnsrud Sundby. It had been speculated that Sundby would no longer be part of the national team for the upcmong season and today's news confirmed it. 

NRK has made an interview with Sundby about his thoughts about his current situation:

https://www.nrk.no/sport/nrk-erfarer__sundby-ryker-ut-av-landslaget-i-vm-sesongen-1.14995927