website statistics

Sports Fails Thread

One of the best threads, definitely should be revived.

PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics.

Kaitlyn Lawes eventual Gold medalist in Curling Mixed Doubles throwing a wrong stone in the round robin game against host South Korea.

One of my fav "bloopers" PC 2018 moments :d

https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/canada-s-kaitlyn-lawes-throws-the-wrong-curling-stone/

Remembered this crazy moment from the 2019 Pan American Games. This is from the men’s singles gold medal match:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Don’t know if this video is available outside the US, but here’s another fun one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

The CAS bullshit continues. :RUS Nikita Mazepin is no longer a Russian in F1 either.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/mazepin-set-race-under-neutral-210448317.html

So, you can't use the words "Russia" and "Russian" but you can use the wording "Neutral athlete from Russia" :roflmao:  Like who calls F1 drivers as F1 athletes in first place?

But of course the Russian Grand Prix will remain the Russian Grand Prix because somehow CAS can't enforce the ban on that name? :lol:

And obviously they can't ban the spectators from bringing the Russian flags to the stands :coffee:

16th December 2022 can't come soon enough!

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

The CAS bullshit continues. :RUS Nikita Mazepin is no longer a Russian in F1 either.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/mazepin-set-race-under-neutral-210448317.html

So, you can't use the words "Russia" and "Russian" but you can use the wording "Neutral athlete from Russia" :roflmao:  Like who calls F1 drivers as F1 athletes in first place?

But of course the Russian Grand Prix will remain the Russian Grand Prix because somehow CAS can't enforce the ban on that name? :lol:

And obviously they can't ban the spectators from bringing the Russian flags to the stands :coffee:

16th December 2022 can't come soon enough!

My guess would be that it has to do with the FIA being a WADA compliant international federation. I’m not 100% certain they are, but they are a member of the GAISF. Also, racing is a sport, so technically speaking, drivers are athletes. 

14 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My guess would be that it has to do with the FIA being a WADA compliant international federation. I’m not 100% certain they are, but they are a member of the GAISF. Also, racing is a sport, so technically speaking, drivers are athletes. 

How do you explain Russian Grand Prix being able to remain as Russian Grand Prix despite the word "Russian" being BANNED by WADA & CAS? :mumble:

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

How do you explain Russian Grand Prix being able to remain as Russian Grand Prix despite the word "Russian" being BANNED by WADA & CAS? :mumble:

I don’t know :dunno:

Maybe they’ll change it to the “Sochi Grand Prix” at some point.