website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2019 - 2020

phelps

46 minutes ago, hckosice said:

We had to wait until pick 78 to see a Slovak name (gone gone are the times of the early 2000s when some Gáborík was 3rd pick :wacko:)...

surprisingly it was not Chromiak who is :SVK top pick this year but the honor goes to our talented blueliner Samuel Kňažko selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets

this draft is getting more and more a "Caporetto" for Slovak Hockey...

I'm a bit distracted (I'm following the MLB playoffs), but if I haven't missed someone, Knazko is the only Slovak picked so far (and  we are at no.106 :yikes:)...:(

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I'm a bit distracted (I'm following the MLB playoffs), but if I haven't missed someone, Knazko is the only Slovak picked so far (and  we are at no.106 :yikes:)...:(

yep...does not look good this year... again...

also only 2 czechs so far :mumble:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

Anyway here you have all Slovak drafted players.

Last year we had also only one...in 2012 or 2016 none https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenskí_hokejisti_draftovaní_NHL

6 hours ago, hckosice said:

So, in this bizarre 2020 year we had the NHL Draft 1st round last night in historic online version

As expected :CAN had the most drafted players among the first 31 picks with 19 players ! followed by 4 :RUS and 2 guys from :USA:SWE and :GER  and 1 player from both :FIN and :AUT

As expected the most selected were the centers 13 ! The clubs also picked 4 defencers and only 1 goalie (the Russian Iaroslav Askarov picked by Nashville as 11th overall pick)

Sadly but as expected no :SVK nor :CZE player were picked in the opening round this year...however :SVK chances to have some drafted guys also this year are quite realistic in the remaining 6 rounds (2nd to 7th) this evening from 18:30 CEST

(rumors mentioning especially the likes of GK Samuel Hlavaj, DEF Samuel Kňažko and Marko Stacha or FW Martin Chromiak (should be definitely be our 1st this years pick) and Oliver Okuliar ?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjscQ64XYAAyarI?format=jpg&name=small

I am a bit disappointed/surprised that Stützle wasn’t drafted 2nd overall (especially because Marco Sturm is a coach for the Los Angeles Kings) and that Peterka wasn’t drafted in the first round. It would have been crazy for Germany to have more guys than the US/Sweden drafted in the first round. Between 2000 and 2017 Germany only had 2 first round picks (Goc was the 20th pick in 2001 and Draisaitl was the 3rd pick in 2014), but in the last 3 years Germany had 4 first round pick (two of them were top 6 picks). Overall a pretty good year for Germany when it comes to ice hockey ...

Personally I would have picked Rossi ahead of Holtz, I also think that Askarov should have been picked earlier.

Edit: Peterka was picked 34th by the Buffalo Sabres. Also there were 8! swedish players picked in the 2nd round, their depth is just crazy.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

yep, so far (middle of 5th round) behind the top powerhouses 46x :CAN 17x :SWE 10x :FIN 18x :RUS and 34x :USA

we have players from 5 other countries drafted right now. 138 players drafted at the moment  5x :CZE (48,99, 107, 110 and 136), 3x :GER (3, 17 and 34 :bowdown:) 2x :AUT (9, 104) and :SVK (78, 128) and 1x :GBR (56)

still 0x :SUI:yikes:

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yep, so far (middle of 5th round) behind the top powerhouses 46x :CAN 17x :SWE 10x :FIN 18x :RUS and 34x :USA

we have players from 5 other countries drafted right now. 138 players drafted at the moment  5x :CZE (48,99, 107, 110 and 136), 3x :GER (3, 17 and 34 :bowdown:) 2x :AUT (9, 104) and :SVK (78, 128) and 1x :GBR (56)

still 0x :SUI:yikes:

Switzerland for sure is a bit disappointing, but I guess all countries except the big five have off-years like that. This year Germany should have had 3 first round picks and next year Germany probably won’t have a single guy drafted (at least not in the first 3 rounds).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Going to bed..will see the last 2 rounds results tomorrow

so Right now after 5 rounds

50x :CAN 40x :USA 19x :SWE 18x :RUS 11x :FIN

then 7 other countries had at least 1 drafted guy in the first 5 rounds :

6x :CZE (48, 99, 107, 110 ,136 and 146), 3x :GER (3, 17 and 34 ) 2x :AUT (9, 104) and :SVK (78, 128) and 1x :GBR (56), :NOR  (145) and :LAT (149)

Still none from :SUI

Will post more stats and info tomorrow

So, quick recap. Only 2 slovaks from the 2002 class are drafted (quite disappointing for kids like Hlavaj, Okuliar or Stacha but it is how it is) the only 2 drafted are Samuel Kňažko and Martin Chromiak.

All in all the clubs picked

71x :CAN

52x :USA

32x :SWE

23x :RUS

17x :FIN

8x :CZE (Highest pick number 48 - Jan Myšák)

3x :AUT (9, 104, 161) :GER (3, 17 and 34)

2x :BLR (162, 205) :SVK (78, 128)

1x :GBR (56) :LAT (149) :NOR (145)

The biggest surprise definitely is to see no player was drafted from :SUI this year

62 Centers

61 Defensemens

37 Right Wings

36 Left Wings

20 GK

The first pick Alexis Lafreniere :CAN by NY Rangers and last drafted was as 217th Declan McDonnell :USA by Tampa Bay

First European drafted was Tim Stuetzle :GER as 3rd overall pick by Ottawa Senators, last European to get drafted was :CZE Jakub Konečný as 216th by Buffalo Sabres.

Highest picks by rounds:

1st round :CAN 19 (worth mention all 3 :GER picks were 1st and early 2nd round picks, not really surprising for guys like Peterka, Stutzle and Reichel)

2nd Round :USA 9 followed by 7x :SWE , First :CZE pick and the :GBR Tristen Robbins first British to get drafted since Liam Kirk in 2018

3rd Round 10x :CAN followed by 9x :USA (First :SVK pick of the year with Samuel Kňažko beng selected by Columbus)

4th Round 11x :USA

5th Round 9x :USA (only picks for :LAT and :NOR ) 2nd and last this year draft :SVK Martin Chromiak as 128th by Los Angeles Kings

6th Round 13x :CAN first pick for :BLR

7th Round 9x :CAN followed by 8 picks for :SWE and :USA

Highest drafted by positions:

GK: Iaroslav Askarov :RUS by Nashville Predators as 11th

DEF: Jake Sanderson :USA by Ottawa Senators as 5th

LW: Alexis Lafreniere :CAN by NY Rangers as 1st overall pick

C: Quinton Byfield :CAN by LA Kings as 2nd

RW: Alexander Holtz :SWE by New Jersey Devils as 7th.