website statistics

Ice Hockey 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

phelps

49 minutes ago, ofan said:

I'm sure he'll be good at skating in one direction 

The Dutch were not very good when the 100m, which actually is skating in one direction, was a World Cup event.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

less than 24 hours before the start of the new season and the mega opener HC Košice - Slovan Bratislava :bounce:

102761123.jpg

great! good luck to your team...;)

surely tomorrow I'm gonna watch both the Slovak and the Czech opening games (sad that they are basically at the same time)...:)

however, this is a great weekend, with all the major European leagues starting (other than the KHL, which is already well underway)...I hope it's gonna be an entertaining season all around...:cheer:

Just now, phelps said:

great! good luck to your team...;)

surely tomorrow I'm gonna watch both the Slovak and the Czech opening games (sad that they are basically at the same time)...:)

however, this is a great weekend, with all the major European leagues starting (other than the KHL, which is already well underway)...I hope it's gonna be an entertaining season all around...:cheer:

Thanks.

Well, everything is set for a great and memorable season. with the return of Slovan, the new format changes and new rules it may have a potential to be one of the best seasons for many years.

Btw after the removal of the U20 National Team project the federation established a new rule every team will have to play every match with at least one U20 Slovak player. Also to notice, the maximum number of foreigners was reduced to seven per roster, which may help our young players even more.

Just now, hckosice said:

Thanks.

Well, everything is set for a great and memorable season. with the return of Slovan, the new format changes and new rules it may have a potential to be one of the best seasons for many years.

Btw after the removal of the U20 National Team project the federation established a new rule every team will have to play every match with at least one U20 Slovak player. Also to notice, the maximum number of foreigners was reduced to seven per roster, which may help our young players even more.

p.s. I gave a look to the huste.sk website...it looks that they're not going to stream the Extraliga anymore...

other than the STV matches, do you know if (and in case where) the other games are going to be available (for free, with or without VPN it doesn't matter)?

Just now, phelps said:

p.s. I gave a look to the huste.sk website...it looks that they're not going to stream the Extraliga anymore...

other than the STV matches, do you know if (and in case where) the other games are going to be available (for free, with or without VPN it doesn't matter)?

Try again :p all matches will be for free on Huste.sk even the matches from Miskolc and Budapest https://huste.joj.sk/live

Tomorrows opener is on RTVS 2 and Huste.sk on web. + RTVS will broadcast live one match each Sunday, and all games from the Play-Offs on

thanks a lot...this is really great...:bounce:

probably, I wanted to know about huste too early and the games were not uploaded yet at that time (I checked on Monday)...:facepalm:

p.s. now I know STV's schedule very well after all these years following them...;):d

On 11/09/2019 at 20:40, hckosice said:

less than 24 hours before the start of the new season and the mega opener HC Košice - Slovan Bratislava :bounce:

102761123.jpg

good match, even if I think you didn't enjoy the final score too much...

to be honest, I think your team has still quite some troubles...

in the first period defense was put under pressure and they didn't look 100% reliable, even if they did weel enough to limit the damage to "only" 1 goal...

then, thanks also to the many penalties taken by Slovan, things got a bit more balanced, but imho you lack heavily in scoring ability, your forwards made Habal look like Hasek (which isn't the case, I fear)...

and I also think that the coach abused of the Majdan/Hascak/Chovan line (with Majdan also double shifting in the last 10 minutes or so)...I don't know if they can do that all the season long (OK, most of the other league teams are not Slovan, but still)...

I really hope the youngsters will grow during the season and the coach gets more confidence in them, because you're going to need them (or a good natural born goal scorer from abroad)...

meanwhile on the other side of the Border, the Czech League started with a crazy game between Sparta Prague and Pilsen, one of those goal-fests that normally the average fans like so much, but that drive absolutely mad the coaching staffs...

finally, it was Sparta to win it 7-6 at the overtime after they were well ahead, fell behind and came back strongly in the final period...an absolute madness...

the 3rd European League that started yesterday is the Finnish Liiga...

and in the re-match of last season's final, it was Kärpät Oulu the won on the road against HPK (final score, 3-2)...

game scoresheet and all goals can be enjoyed here (here in Italy, there are no geo-blockings, it works without any VPN):

https://liiga.fi/en/ottelut/2019-2020/runkosarja/1/seuranta/

6 hours ago, phelps said:

good match, even if I think you didn't enjoy the final score too much...

yeah, no ! :d

Really disappointing display from the team yesterday, t looked like the guys met only one week before the match for the first time :lol: Anyway, let them enjoy their win, because you know...it´s not important to win the first match, the most important is to win the last match :p