website statistics

Men's Water Polo Tournament at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

hckošice

Can anyone tell me how the seeding worked? It seems very weird that Germany and Australia are in pool 1, while Greece is in pool 3. To me it almost looks as if the "plan" was to make the german way to the quarterfinal as easy as possible. First the weakest of the 4 groups (which Germany almost won) and then New Zealand/South Africa in the round of last 16.

Let's say Croatia and Hungary qualify here, Greece qualifies at the european championships, USA/Brazil qualify from Panamerica, Australia qualifies from Oceania and Kazakhstan qualifies from Asia, then Germany could actually have a chance at qualifying for the olympics (alongside Italy, Spain and Montenegro). I think the most difficult "opponent" would be USA/Brazil at the world qualifier ... ?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Can anyone tell me how the seeding worked? It seems very weird that Germany and Australia are in pool 1, while Greece is in pool 3. To me it almost looks as if the "plan" was to make the german way to the quarterfinal as easy as possible. First the weakest of the 4 groups (which Germany almost won) and then New Zealand/South Africa in the round of last 16.

Let's say Croatia and Hungary qualify here, Greece qualifies at the european championships, USA/Brazil qualify from Panamerica, Australia qualifies from Oceania and Kazakhstan qualifies from Asia, then Germany could actually have a chance at qualifying for the olympics (alongside Italy, Spain and Montenegro). I think the most difficult "opponent" would be USA/Brazil at the world qualifier ... ?

I think USA will easily take quota at Pan American games, Brazil doesn't look good at this championship. Your biggest opponent might be some european team that doesn't play at this WC (probably Russia).

11 minutes ago, dareza said:

Eh the end of dream for this young team, but this was expected. Spain has great team and even our best team had problems with them in the past.

it's  not that young team, this is sad and disappointing

6 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

it's  not that young team, this is sad and disappointing

Lol not. This is expected.We are without 8 players and I really don't know why someone expected medal?

Edited by dareza