website statistics

Open Water Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

Totallympics

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

where  can i find full results as it's still not available on FINA site

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_water_swimming_at_the_2019_World_Aquatics_Championships_%E2%80%93_Women's_10_km

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Really disappointing result for Beck. I hope that she will learn from this and attack the next time. She easily has the speed to beat the girls who finished ahead of her, but she can't just swim with everyone else and hope to outsprint them, she has to attack at least 1 km before the finish line.

Hopefully the men's race won't be as much of a snoozefest. I am optimistic that Wellbrock or Paltrinieri will attack much earlier.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Really disappointing result for Beck. I hope that she will learn from this and attack the next time.  

Beck is actually very happy, because her main Goal was the Olympic qualification. Understandably so, if you see, who missed it. Here's a quote: "All those years I have worked for it have paid off." https://www.24matins.de/topnews/sport/schwimm-wm-wunram-und-beck-loesen-olympia-tickets-ueber-zehn-kilometer-176022

Van Rouwendaal kicks her big enemy Muller out of the Olympics by 0,1 second :d 

FujIeDc.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

we had one "swimmer" in the race :woot:

but she finished +12:51 minutes behind lol, not sure if she was swimming breaststroke or just somehow by mistake was suddenly heading to Japan

"Let me just make really sure I stay far away from North Korean waters"

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I’m confused about the Olympic qualification talk here. I thought that 25 swimmers made the open water events, but you guys are making it sound like it’s top 10 or bust.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I’m confused about the Olympic qualification talk here. I thought that 25 swimmers made the open water events, but you guys are making it sound like it’s top 10 or bust.

Well, top 10 from this championship. And 2 per NOC only if both finished in top 10 here at WC. So, only USA and Germany with 2 athletes in Tokyo.

Just now, dareza said:

Well, top 10 from this championship. And 2 per NOC only if both finished in top 10 here at WC. So, only USA and Germany with 2 athletes in Tokyo.

So you can only get 1 per unqualified NOC in the world ranking?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela