website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

Just now, sportlover1993 said:

People like'em make things more exciting, at least they don't pretend to be angels

Neither do gang members but I'm not cheering for them either :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 59 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

Neither do gang members but I'm not cheering for them either :p 

I believe in second chances, i've been one of Yang's fans since his beginnings and nothing changes for me

They r just convictions and opinions,i respect yours of course 

ps: excuse my english i'm not good enough at speaking it ^^

4 hours ago, opruh said:

Funny because from records, america has far more cases, i guess they are immune to tarnishing their own images to you.

They have a lot more good and successful examples too. Besides, when you usually have the best athletes in a given sport, it's expected that somehow cheaters will try hard to join the team as well so they can keep up. China is not the best in swimming, and Russia tries to be the best in everything but they mostly fall flat on their faces when competing against clean American swimmers. It's not hard to figure out, really.

Edited by thiago_simoes

7 minutes ago, sportlover1993 said:

I believe in second chances, i've been one of Yang's fans since his beginnings and nothing changes for me

They r just convictions and opinions,i respect yours of course 

ps: excuse my english i'm not good enough at speaking it ^^

When you are given a second, third, fourth, fifth chance, and you've proven you are an a**hole, and your actions can be seen as a desperate attempt to hide cheating, there's no way this person can redeem himself. Even Efimova is a lot more humble when faced with criticism.

Everybody is free to choose who to admire, of course, so more power to you.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I don't think anyone on here thinks that any of the medallists are clean, but if you feel the need to say that again and again, then why even watch? Just enjoy this freak show and take it for what it is, same as the athletics world championships or the Tour de France.

Again and again?  I said it once.  Anyway, if you read my posts you would know I wasn't accusing Smith of doping, I was saying Americans are quick to blame other countries when they have such sudden success.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

They have a lot more good and successful examples too. Besides, when you usually have the best athletes in a given sport, it's expected that somehow cheaters will try hard to join the team as well so they can keep up. China is not the best in swimming, and Russia tries to be the best in everything but they mostly fall flat on their faces when competing against clean American swimmers. It's not hard to figure out, really.

Woah your excuses for the american athletes that doped are amazing. "Let's ignore the fact that more american athletes have their olympic medals stripped off because of doping but focus on their clean athletes, then proceed to label a nation with a much cleaner record as a cheat." Impressive, you're a good and well behaved fanboy.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

When you are given a second, third, fourth, fifth chance, and you've proven you are an a**hole, and your actions can be seen as a desperate attempt to hide cheating, there's no way this person can redeem himself. Even Efimova is a lot more humble when faced with criticism.

Everybody is free to choose who to admire, of course, so more power to you.

Sun doped Once in 2014 and got punished for it. What's the second, third, fourth, fifth chance you're talking about, you mean like that american athlete who thinks his bolt's biggest rival just because he doped three fucking times. You're biased is disgusting. I'm glad China topped the medal table once again, now you have a new reason to be bitter and sourgrape for another year. :bounce:

3 hours ago, opruh said:

Sun doped Once in 2014 and got punished for it. What's the second, third, fourth, fifth chance you're talking about, you mean like that american athlete who thinks his bolt's biggest rival just because he doped three fucking times. You're biased is disgusting. I'm glad China topped the medal table once again, now you have a new reason to be bitter and sourgrape for another year. :bounce:

I mean he's an a**hole. Plain and simple. He pushed a female Brazilian swimmer during practice once, confronted a fellow swimmer on the podium, destroyed possible evidence against him... 

And China topped the medal table thanks to diving, not swimming. They did not even finish in the top 3 in swimming events, even if you count open water swimming (US, Australia and Hungary were the top 3). My bias can be disgusting all you want it to be, and so is your poor judgement and senseless defense of a convicted doper. 

35 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I mean he's an a**hole. Plain and simple. He pushed a female Brazilian swimmer during practice once, confronted a fellow swimmer on the podium, destroyed possible evidence against him... 

And China topped the medal table thanks to diving, not swimming. They did not even finish in the top 3 in swimming events, even if you count open water swimming (US, Australia and Hungary were the top 3). My bias can be disgusting all you want it to be, and so is your poor judgement and senseless defense of a convicted doper. 

He's an asshole so let's called him guilty of doping again when in fact fina ruled out against it...

But but wada has a case against him which has no result yet but oh wait let's attack him because he's an asshole. 

(And pushing a brazilian swimmer, lol at these gossip headlines)

3) Yep your bias is way more disgusting since your silent when it comes to the far worse doping record of america and other western countries.

For a forum with an overwhelming members from western countries, I'm glad to be a very loud minority here.