website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

55 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Not making any accusations, but can't help but think if Regan Smith was from China or Russia people would be asking questions about her performances here.  

I don't think anyone on here thinks that any of the medallists are clean, but if you feel the need to say that again and again, then why even watch? Just enjoy this freak show and take it for what it is, same as the athletics world championships or the Tour de France.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

47 minutes ago, orangeman said:

As a Canadian who saw the US shame Ben Johnson in 1988 while giving the gold to Carl Lewis, you'll excuse me if I don't trust the fair application of drug standards across all countries.  

Again, to be clear, I don't think Smith is juicing.  I'm just saying every time someone from certain countries shaves off multiple seconds from their PBs to give out of this world performances suddenly there are accusations and rumors.  

What about Canada suddenly exploding on the women's side? Where did MacNeil come from or Oleksiak in 2016?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I don't think anyone on here thinks that any of the medallists are clean, but if you feel the need to say that again and again, then why even watch? Just enjoy this freak show and take it for what it is, same as the athletics world championships or the Tour de France.

This coming from someone who accuses almost every performance as doping is quite rich 

34 minutes ago, GoHungary! said:

I believe this was the last championship for Katinka. She looks very exhausted. :(:wacko:

5 medals, 5 golds and a WR. Not even in my wildest dreams. Hats off to the whole swimming team, exceptionally good performance!

Congrats! I would say less medals than expected but 1 more gold than expected.

Just now, intoronto said:

This coming from someone who accuses almost every performance as doping is quite rich 

Could you maybe quote my posts from this thread?

3 hours ago, orangeman said:

Not making any accusations, but can't help but think if Regan Smith was from China or Russia people would be asking questions about her performances here.  

Oh whenever someone comes and utterly destroys their own PB's by multiple seconds and even annihilates two WR's, my inner reaction is pretty much the same: "Lol" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sjöström, despite her terrible championship, won the award best Female swimmer of the Championship:d first ever to medal in the 50,100&200 free in the same championship, and 5 in total, I guess is the motivation since she was far from those 3 golds, and 2 WR (one of them in the event she only took silver in) in 2017

3 hours ago, sportlover1993 said:

I don't like to question the achievements of others ..for me the accused is innocent until proven guilty ..even Sun i still love this guy 

Me too, I've always thought people like Sun and Mekhissi-Bennabad are excellent examples for young people. We don't have enough agressive criminals in the sport, let's go :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 24 minutes, heywoodu a dit :

Me too, I've always thought people like Sun and Mekhissi-Bennabad are excellent examples for young people. We don't have enough agressive criminals in the sport, let's go :cheer: 

People like'em make things more exciting, at least they don't pretend to be angels