website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

Just now, orangeman said:

I fail to see how an athlete wanting to improve is greedy, or deserving of negativity.  Wanting to do better is a good thing for everyone.  

Who did see Pickrem as a lock for medals here anyway? PBs & medals are not enough? Does Canada think they're as good as USA & Australia now?

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

But all of these things are so much alike. The world championships aren't even over yet and I already have no idea who won what :p I know Australia won some.

You could say that about other events as well. Those 200 m events are all the same, in my opinion. I want to see who goes fastest, not who goes lap after lap after lap. I know relays are basically lap after lap, but they are more exciting because teams are constantly changing swimmers, but of course everyone has a different opinion. I can't stand 400 m events or beyond.

Edited by thiago_simoes

37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

You could say that about other events as well. Those 200 m events are all the same, in my opinion. I want to see who goes fastest, not who goes lap after lap after lap. I know relays are basically lap after lap, but they are more exciting because teams are constantly changing swimmers, but of course everyone has a different opinion. I can't stand 400 m events or beyond.

At least there generally speaking the best backstroke swimmers won't win breaststroke events or something. In the relays it's just "USA won one, Australia won some" etc.

The only slight exceptions for me are the 4x100m freestyle, of which I can't understand why they don't close out championships. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Who did see Pickrem as a lock for medals here anyway? PBs & medals are not enough? Does Canada think they're as good as USA & Australia now?

I honestly don't understand what you're going on about.  One individual swimmer says she thinks she can go faster with more work, and suddenly she's greedy and all of Canada is arrogant?  Have you ever spoken to any athlete anywhere?  

It's tough for Canada (women) to compete for gold in the medley relay with such a weak breaststroke.  Second slowest of the qualifiers, 2 seconds slower than the 4 teams who finished ahead of them.  Unless Pickrem decides to do two finals tonight, Canada will just fight for bronze.  I guess they could put Wog in, not sure how her 100 is (though her 100 split in the 200 race wasn't that far off Smith's split in the prelims today).  

Our men were so close to getting into the final, less than a second off.  Wasn't expecting them to make it, but it would have been nice.  

Edited by orangeman

23 minutes ago, orangeman said:

It's tough for Canada (women) to compete for gold in the medley relay with such a weak breaststroke.  Second slowest of the qualifiers, 2 seconds slower than the 4 teams who finished ahead of them.  Unless Pickrem decides to do two finals tonight, Canada will just fight for bronze.  I guess they could put Wog in, not sure how her 100 is (though her 100 split in the 200 race wasn't that far off Smith's split in the prelims today).  

Our men were so close to getting into the final, less than a second off.  Wasn't expecting them to make it, but it would have been nice.  

Liendo had a killer butterfly time. Some exciting prospects on the men side right now as well... Liendo, Masttermato, Pratt etc.

I wonder what happened to SMith? She did well at trials to qualify for this event.

"I did not take this substance knowingly. Swimming has been my passion since I was 10-years-old and I would never intentionally take a banned substance that would disrespect my sport or jeopardise my career," the post said.

- australian swimmer Shayna Jack

I truly hope she's ok, I cant imagine all the insults and protest coming her way from her own teammate mack horton. 

#imwithshaynajack