website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

2 hours ago, George_D said:

Impressive championship for Hungary. They have only golds till now! 

I think they will win one or two minor medals in men's 100 fly and men's 400 IM. Maybe Kesely can challenge for a medal in the 800 free. Before the start of this competition i expected them to win 3 golds (men's 200 fly, women's 200 IM, women's 400 IM), one silver/bronze (men's 100 fly) and two bronze (men's 200 fly, men's 400 IM), so until now they basically have 1 bronze less than expected (men's 200 fly), but 1 more gold than expected (women's 200 fly). Somehow Hungary always finds a way to not disappear. I thought they would drop off badly after 2020 when Hosszu/Cseh retire, but then Milak and Kesely came along and now they have a great future again.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, ofan said:

I'd cheer for Missy Franklin for the same reason :d 

We also adopted Penny Oleksiak during the Rio Games :evil:  It's still questionable whether she's more Polish or Ukrainian tbh but her hockey player brother was supposed to be more Polish since coming from Buffalo :p

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

We also adopted Penny Oleksiak during the Rio Games :evil:  It's still questionable whether she's more Polish or Ukrainian tbh but her hockey player brother was supposed to be more Polish since coming from Buffalo :p

I think you mean Pittsburgh :d . They have a massive Polish community, and the city is famous for its pierogis

6 minutes ago, ofan said:

I think you mean Pittsburgh :d . They have a massive Polish community, and the city is famous for its pierogis

I read their father originates from Buffalo but maybe it's Pittsburgh. Western New York, Pennsylvania and obviously Chicago are the biggest Polish communities in the US ;)

I read their father originates from Buffalo but maybe it's Pittsburgh. Western New York, Pennsylvania and obviously Chicago are the biggest Polish communities in the US ;)

Ah yes. I misunderstood. That is very possible. By coincidence, Jamie Oleksiak used to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins, so that's what I was referencing. 

1 minute ago, ofan said:

Ah yes. I misunderstood. That is very possible. By coincidence, Jamie Oleksiak used to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins, so that's what I was referencing. 

I know he played for Penguins since I cheer for them since the days of Jagr & Lemieux :p  I suppose pierogis ain't that popular in Canada though? :lol:

I know he played for Penguins since I cheer for them since the days of Jagr & Lemieux :p  I suppose pierogis ain't that popular in Canada though? :lol:

Very popular. We have large Eastern European populations across Canada.