:ITA ITA,  0 / 1 / 7
:GBR GBR,  0 / 1 / 0
:GRE GRE,  0 / 0 / 1
:HKG HKG,  0 / 0 / 1
:IRI IRI,  0 / 0 / 1
:ROU ROU,  0 / 0 / 1
:SUI SUI,  0 / 0 / 1

45 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

@Men's Foil: How likely is it for Russia to make the top 4 instead of Hongkong?

reasonably likely...I'd say it's easier that Russia make it through to the top 4 than Hong Kong, but it's not to be taken for granted...

I think it will go down to the draw in the next world cup events...should HKG get Egypt rather than KOR or even a direct match up with the Russians in the quarterfinals, then it would change a lot the final outcome of the event, imho...

Thanks. I'm still unsure if I should root for Russia to get as far as possible and make the top 4, or if I should hope for Russia to lose as soon as possible and maybe get overtaken by Germany. I mean, the gap is much smaller between RUS and GER, but it nonetheless seems more unlikely to me. :p

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

Thanks. I'm still unsure if I should root for Russia to get as far as possible and make the top 4, or if I should hope for Russia to lose as soon as possible and maybe get overtaken by Germany. I mean, the gap is much smaller between RUS and GER, but it nonetheless seems more unlikely to me.

to me, GER still have good chances to overtake RUS...

it's not impossible...

the main problem with the German team is that they are quite inconsistent, on a given day they can make the final in any event but the following week they can lose in the round of 16...

RUS instead is definitely more solid, they always make the top 5/6 (if not better) tournament after tournament...