website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

My heart goes out to her family. I’m not a huge Disney fan, but I did really love this movie :cry:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Pretty good season premiere :d

Also have been intensely watching The Outsider on HBO. Great production, acting, plot, and overall look. Can’t get enough of this show currently.

HBO’s new comedy Avenue 5 is also pretty good. I’ve really enjoyed the first four episodes. 

Netflix’s Locke and Key was pretty bad. The acting was meh, and the plot was stereotypical. The thing that helped me make it to the end of the season was the actual concept of the show. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Finally watched Fantastic Mr. Fox today. Easily one of my favorite animated movies of all-time. A true masterpiece. Wes Anderson is a genius.

A) He definitely didn’t watch the film (probably because his tiny little nutsack of a brain couldn’t handle reading the subtitles (I’m not actually sure he’s literate sometimes))

B) He sounds like a fucking idiot

C) Asks to bring a well-known racially insensitive movie back, because of course.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

A) He definitely didn’t watch the film (probably because his tiny little nutsack of a brain couldn’t handle reading the subtitles (I’m not actually sure he’s literate sometimes))

C) Asks to bring a well-known racially insensitive movie back, because of course.

Hahahahaha, one of the movie studios involved in the production of the movie just tweeted this out.

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Fantastic. Just yesterday I heard a talk about toxic nostalgia where Gone With the Wind was mentioned (and MAGA of course ;) )

But to be fair, Gone with the Wind is still seen as an amazing movie. It is a product of another time and as such it does romanticize some things that we wouldn't see nowadays, but filmically it's still pretty close to the top. Not the first movie I would mention when it comes to the classics, but it's one that is easy to sell among his followers.

One shouldn't too easily 'ban' films 'because insensitive' anyway. That's censorship. Especially nowadays it's good to have an eye on how things were depicted in other times.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I feel old now :p

This was one of my favorite shows going up. It actually serves pretty well as an adult animated series too (you can understand a lot of the philosophical stuff). Arguably one of the best animated series of all-time.