website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Got 22/23 correct picks, only missing Best Animated Short. This means that I'm a good at this? Not really, just that this was the most predictable ceremony in ages. Good were the days when we actually had surprises in acting categories.

This ceremony will probably be remembered for a long time, but for the wrong reasons - I'm looking at you, Will Smith :evil:

Hehe, Will Smith probably needed some more attention and so they came up with this thingy? :p 

Oh well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

It was all prepared in order to boost the ratings of an otherwise forgettable ceremony with no standout movies in contention.

If it wasn't for this 'incident', I would have had no clue the Oscars were last night. So yeah, I'm agreeing with your point there :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A remake of a French movie winning is somehow a joke. The movie is nice , but to win a Oscar as best movie ….

i think power of the dog was a much better choice or even Dune. 

and will smith winning is even a bigger joke (nothing to do with his performance yesterday) 

8 hours ago, dcro said:

He is reportedly (and rightfully) getting blacklisted over this.

Considering the actions of both, I'm genuinely wondering if 'he' is Will Smith, Chris Rock or both :d 

I would assume Smith, by the way, but Rock's joke was a tad far and nowadays that can get you in just as much trouble :p 

Can't believe people think this is real. It is desperately scripted for attention and ratings as Hollywood gets. Chris Rock's face wasn't even red after the "slap". He did a classic wrestling move to sell the punch before Smith even "reached" him. And if it was real, Smith would have shouted in his face right there, not walk back to his seat, wait for Rock to say his line and then yell. It is more funny in hindsight, after his crying speech afterwards "I'm all for the love, i'm all for the love".

Cumberbatch robbed again. Though he was in a subpar film, his performance was top notch and out if this bunch should have won easily. Guess Smith and his poison wife can feast now, as their crusade, started 5-6 years ago is finally reached and mediocre actor Will got what he wanted. 

The few bright things, very, very happy for the CODA wins, The Godfather, Bond, Pulp Fiction tributes/reunions, Billie Eilish No Time To Die win, Kevin Costner, Anthony Hopkins presenting aaaand Dune (i guess), though tech categories were so empty this year. 

The bar for hosts has been lowered so much, that even their stupid jokes and politics were cringer than usual. Long gone are the elegant and cinematic ceremonies of Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, or even Hugh Jackman, when he hosted.