website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

I don't know, if someone has managed to watch the Netflix documentary film about Michael Schumacher, but i HIGHLY recommend it. Even, if you are not a motorsports fan, you would very much enjoy a very heartfelt depiction of the struggles of one of the biggest sporting names of all time. 

A 2 hour movie would never be enough for such a prolific career, but i think they have done a brilliant job showing the best of his early life and then followed breakthrough in the 90s. The battles with Senna, Hill, Villeneuve and Hakkinen, making Ferrari a top contender after 20 years. And having Corrina there, narrating his personal life behind the screen, just pumped so much more emotion. 

If you want to watch some weird shit, Squid Game. That is weird shit :d 

Very much looking forward to watching episode two.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I watched the entire season this weekend. I couldn’t really come up with the words to describe it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I watched the entire season this weekend. I couldn’t really come up with the words to describe it.

A more colorful version of Saw is my description so far after one episode. More colorful and less gory.

Spoiler

Which is not to say less deadly, because damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I've already watched many japanese series/movies of this "death game" genre (which are quite a few) so I didn't fully experience the shock value or unpredictability (at some point you start to see the patterns in all these similar plots:p) but korean acting and characters are better than what you usually see in this type of thing.  

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t want to say too much, but Dune is worth at least one viewing in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 hours ago, Agger said:

Pretty good, but I didn't quite manage to lose the feeling that I should have read the book before.

I didn’t read the book either, though I do feel like I might pick it up at some point now. I’d definitely like to see more content in that universe.