website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Finally got around to Quo Vadis, Aida? (missed my chance at the cinema, now they are closed).

The film getting snubbed at Oscars is oddly apt. Should have been one win, or just two nominations at the very least.

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...

Show you how new stuff doesn't hold any value at all. We've gone through another classic that has a reboot that doesn't actually need a reboot. I'd be amazed if the new Friends last beyond  two seasons. That show belonged in the 90s. I wonder how much political corectness will they stuff in there in 2021? Phoebe working as a masseusse? Not funny anymore. Chandler's father being a drag queen? Not funny anymore.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Show you how new stuff doesn't hold any value at all. We've gone through another classic that has a reboot that doesn't actually need a reboot. I'd be amazed if the new Friends last beyond  two seasons. That show belonged in the 90s. I wonder how much political corectness will they stuff in there in 2021? Phoebe working as a masseusse? Not funny anymore. Chandler's father being a drag queen? Not funny anymore.

It's a one-time thing. Not really a new episode or anything. Just a reunion with possibly some funny stuff going on.

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's just a reunion special (for now) 

I agree on the rest. They have ruined enough classic shows with their pointless reboots, even though there are over 600 scripted shows being produced every year only in America. And how many of them will be remembered and cherished after 30 years? And the comedy genre has been dead for 10 years. No wonder the whole world is still watching sitcoms from the 80s, 90s till 2007-08.

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It's just a reunion special (for now) 

I agree on the rest. They have ruined enough classic shows with their pointless reboots, even though there are over 600 scripted shows being produced every year only in America. And how many of them will be remembered and cherished after 30 years? And the comedy genre has been dead for 10 years. No wonder the whole world is still watching sitcoms from the 80s, 90s till 2007-08.

Comedy genre could make laugh out of everybody and that was their obvious core. Now we live in an era when anyone gets offended by anything so comedy just can't walk the tightrope at all hence it's more or less dead. Political corectness has killed the genre for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Started watching Archer a while back, season 6 now (meaning I'm halfway at the moment). I've liked a lot of comedies and found them funny and such, but not often does a show actually make me literally laugh (instead of laughing on the 'inside'), like Archer absolutely does :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Started watching Archer a while back, season 6 now (meaning I'm halfway at the moment). I've liked a lot of comedies and found them funny and such, but not often does a show actually make me literally laugh (instead of laughing on the 'inside'), like Archer absolutely does :lol: 

It's surely a great show. Sadly the later seasons aren't quite as good (haven't watched the latest season yet)