website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Going from Disney movies to "if you watch things that are not meant for your age, you end up with pedophilae accusations" in a handful of posts is a whole new level right there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hmm, most of the Disney films are probably at the bottom of the barrel of stuff, that i would watch, but that is because of my own taste. 

This doesn't stop me from re-watching a ton of Scooby-Doo, The Flintstones, Ed, Edd n Eddy etc. kids shows, when i want to. Heck i would probably never stop watching Scooby-Doo (though the current series are getting worse), it is so much in my heart. 

Last year i watched the full Buffy The Vampire Slayer and some of my friends were also like "Why are you watching this now, isn't it like for teenagers?". And i'm like "it's one of the best TV shows of all time, why shouldn't i watch it?!" 

This is like the other stupid statement, that i constantly come across: "I'm not watching old stuff / prior 2010,05,00. They are olddddd"  You can tell them a whole book on why the film/show is amazing, but they just see the date and it's over. So infuriating...

34 minutes ago, Agger said:

ron burgundy GIF

I like that @Monzanator liked this statement, even though it was clearly directed at him :lol:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 3 horas, Monzanator dijo:

People simply grow up. If not then you end up like Michael Jackson - from pop icon to pedophilae accusations :crazy:

Wtf 

Of course, because when you mature you watch sport all day and post in a forum 10 times a day :lol:

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

People simply grow up. If not then you end up like Michael Jackson - from pop icon to pedophilae accusations :crazy:

@Olympian1010 - do you think that as fans of Disney movies shall we avoid accreditating to YOGs, EYOFs and other youth competitions - just in case? :p

Although, I think that:

michael jackson GIF

@Vojthas I should make it clear that I’m not a fan of Disney movies. I watch highly rated ones (or terrible flops) on occasion, and that’s about it. 

I have been enjoying what PIXAR’s been putting out lately though. Especially the sub-studio responsible for Coco, Inside Out, and (soon to be released) Soul. They’ve been exploring more complex storylines, and pushing the boundaries of animation. 

You can skip up out on the EYOF and YOG. I’m probably the only member of our media organization who’s “youth and urban” enough to attend anyways.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

@Vojthas I should make it clear that I’m not a fan of Disney movies. I watch highly rated ones (or terrible flops) on occasion, and that’s about it. 

I have been enjoying what PIXAR’s been putting out lately though. Especially the sub-studio responsible for Coco, Inside Out, and (soon to be released) Soul. They’ve been exploring more complex storylines, and pushing the boundaries of animation. 

Coco was amazing. I liked Inside Out but nothing spectacular. Wall-E on the other hand was simply amazing. One of the best romantic movies I have seen. 

In the last decade, Disney has also made some good animation movies. I loved Big Hero 6. Wreck-it-Ralph and Zootopia were also nice entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Coco was amazing. I liked Inside Out but nothing spectacular. Wall-E on the other hand was simply amazing. One of the best romantic movies I have seen. 

In the last decade, Disney has also made some good animation movies. I loved Big Hero 6. Wreck-it-Ralph and Zootopia were also nice entertainment. 

Coco might be one of my favorite movies honestly. I’m excited for Soul because the trailer looks really good (I’m thinking early contender for animated film at the Oscars).

Disney has been really hit or miss over the past decade. PIXAR seems to be where all the talent is at the moment. 

Wall-E, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Lion King, and Up are all very much childhood classics to me. I still enjoy them now, even though I watch movies in a much more critical, artistic manner.

PIXAR’s golden age was the early 2000s in my opinion. They then had sort of a lull for decade or so, and then they really came on strong recently with this fresh material. 

I wasn’t the biggest fan of Big Hero 6 or Wreck-it-Ralph, but I did enjoy Zootopia. I would still place Coco, Up, and Finding Nemo as my favorites though. 

I'm a little bit out of the trends, but still Madagascar is the best series ever. Including all it's spin-offs except of Penguins of Madagascar movie (series was great). Shrek was great in its first two parts, the third one was worse and the fourth one was terrible.

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You can skip up out on the EYOF and YOG. I’m probably the only member of our media organization who’s “youth and urban” enough to attend anyways.

So, how many EYOFs and YOGs you've attended so far? Greetings from Győr 2017 reporter ;)
And I'm waiting for Banska Bystrica 2022 EYOF now.