website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Just watched “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs”; it was pretty good. I’m not sure if it’s better to watch all the vignettes together, or to take a break in between each one. Each of them would be pretty good as stand alone short films though. 

I don’t want to spoil anything (though this has been available to watch for quite a while now), so I won’t take too much about plot. The acting was solid. The set pieces and cinematography were nice. The special affects could have used quite a bit more work in opinion. It was pretty obvious when special effects were present. I think a lot of this movie was filmed in California, so of course that’s a win in my books.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just finished watching “Just Mercy.” I’m happy Amazon made it free for people around the country to view. I don’t know how it stands as a film, but it does stand is honest indictment of our criminal justice system. It also serves as a fantastic reminder of why the death penalty must be made illegal under our Constitution. Overall, the acting was great, and the cinematography was well done. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Finally started with Dark yesterday...that's a little complicated but damn is it inviting to keep watching :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Got through the Finnish mini series Tuntematon sotilas (Unknown Soldier) about a group of soldiers during the Continuation War.

Pretty well made with some very fine scenes.

Some pretty classic soldier roles, but considering that it's based on a book written by an actual soldier from the war I guess there's reason to believe there's some reality in there.

All in all I would recommend it

2020 Razzie should absolutely go to Disney’s adaptation of Artemis Fowl. Someone read the spark notes on the book, and then wrote a summary of it, which Disney then summarized for their movie. There was also a bunch of stuff in the trailer that was completely cut from the movie. They immediately setup of one of the most complex young adult book characters as a typical Disney hero right off that bat. The plot was horrible. It just jumps around to different of the first two books in the series. The movie also has a complete run time of 1:35 (counting the 5 minutes of credits at the end). The ccting and dialogue also leaves quite a bit to be desired. They pulled poor Judi Dench into another shitshow. She needs to hire a better agent. I will say that Josh Gad’s performance was actually really good, and maybe the one highlight of the film. I would say the graphics were good, but it seems like Disney’s platform can’t even run some of them (there was weird moments where the fps dropped really low). Overall, worst movie of the year so far.

13% on Rotten Tomatoes, good job :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

13% on Rotten Tomatoes, good job :lol:

People hated the trailer so much that it was already at 15% before the movie came out :p

I just watched first 3 first episodes of 7th season of The 100, so far nothing big didn't happened...

I'm also now at second half of third season of Lucifer, very good serie, I didn't expect that I will like serie in this theme.

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I just watched first 3 first episodes of 7th season of The 100, so far nothing big didn't happened...

These are the ones I've watchd by now as well, I am sometimes a little confused :p 

Spoiler

Wonkru, 'the ring', 'the bunker' (which both took 6 years at the same time, but it's a little hard to keep track of who was where and why), the still sort of separate tribes, the Children of Gabriel, there are too many things to keep track of :d 

I still like it though.