website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, the show offers a more realistic depiction of autism than a lot of popular media.

Not either "total genius" or "can't talk to anyone"? :lol: That sounds promising.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Not either "total genius" or "can't talk to anyone"? :lol: That sounds promising.

Okay, maybe not the best depiction of autism, but they explain that he has savant syndrome, so it’s actually a really good depiction of that at least. He still has social issues, which are a little over-the-too at times, but it doesn’t feel over super dramatic (for a medical show at least). If you have time, you should give it a watch to judge for yourself.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I love him in Dirty Harry. Escape From Alcatraz is a lot of fun too, but it's not really a character film. I haven't watched any of his Westerns though.

His directorial films are kind of meh in all honesty. Unforgiven is quite good, but not really my favorite. Then there is a whole bunch of Eastwood pictures which I find downright average (for example American Sniper, Flags of Our Fathers and Sully). And finally on the bottom there is J. Edgar...

#banbestmen

Gran Torino was a masterpiece. I watched in my first film class, and I was impressed. Hopefully, Clint sticks around for a few more years.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

He has one of the best filmography for me. Especially for people who like action stuff. 

Dirty Harry, the Dollars trilogy and Escape from Alcatraz are pretty much legendary by now.

Unforgiven and Gran Torino are his best director ones with GT one of the best films of this century. Mystic River is a great film too, with amazing performances.

The Bridges of Madison County is a romantic staple.

The Rookie with Charlie Sheen, A Perfect World with Kevin Costner, In The Line of Fire also very high quality films. 

Million Dollar Baby not one of my favorites, but still it got all those accolades. 

The Mule was the last one i saw from him and it was also enjoyable. Nothing outstanding, but it was a well-structured movie with heart. 

49 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Gran Torino was a masterpiece. I watched in my first film class, and I was impressed. Hopefully, Clint sticks around for a few more years.

Nothing like Clint using the most common Polish name for his character there :p

I can’t wait for tonight’s episode. It is a little sad they missed last night because there sure is a little to be discussed there...