website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

bestmen

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, hckosice said:

In reality there almost no single hill around the capital and the AUT borders are just behind the city lol

Not even in winter? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summer is almost here and what better way to kick it, than with the ultimate summer show. :d :cheer: And most watched TV show around the world of all time i might add. If only America was today more like this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been mostly caught up with Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl and now Batwoman, sometimes a little more caught up than other times, but now I'm at 100% for those shows....time to turn my attention to season two of Black Lightning, I had finished season one and then didn't watch anymore (season three has already finished).

 

After two episodes I realized why I didn't bring myself to watch it, I think it's pretty high on my list of worst shows ever in terms of characters, general story and acting (especially by the lead character) :d At least I find the overall premise sort of fun enough to keep watching it when wanting some light entertainment instead of something too serious/good :p 

 

To be fair, the whole DC shows thing isn't too great, with all kinds of nonsense stories (apart from the whole superhero thing, you either like or don't like that, it's besides the point), but still enough to be entertaining even though it's mostly always a repetition of events :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is with people wanting to make trash movies out of books from my childhood. I loved the Artemis Fowl series, and it’s hella clear Disney didn’t even read the books before making this :(

 


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a real shame that Disney can’t produce good movies anymore honestly. All they can do is half hearted reboots, profitable sequels, and lame adaptations. Plus, they don’t take any artistic risk with their work. There’s no language or imagery that pushes the boundary. There’s no themes that are hard to digest. The storylines have almost become copy and paste for most of their work. It’s sad really.

 

The notable exception that can be made is the studio responsible for “Inside Out”, “Coco”, and soon “Soul.” They are making fantastic movies that are pushing the boundaries of what animated storytelling is. Their plots aren’t copy and paste, and they deal with some interesting subject matter. Plus, they have managed to represent some underrepresented cultures in American film. I just hope Disney doesn’t kill the one studio I actually enjoy the work of.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Lightning wasn't full enough with all kinds of cliches yet, so they had to come up with this classic :lol: 

 

M9n4a2L.jpg

 

It's a little annoying how this show portrays the predominantly black population of the city in which it takes place...they pretty much fall into three categories, none of which are good:

 

1. Far from smart, pretty much never acting in any sort of rational way - maybe one or two exceptions

2. Insanely irresponsible and just going at it without a second thought every time, generally of course that ends up causing injuries or worse

3. Very smart, but then being pulled into the criminal life and within days looking as if that's what they were born for, all of a sudden becoming downright evil

 

Well, still good for some fun and light entertainment, and every show has it's flaws...this one just has a lot :d I'd just have thought (and hoped) they would paint the population of the city in a bit of a better light, considering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2020 at 23:17, heywoodu said:

I've always been mostly caught up with Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl and now Batwoman, sometimes a little more caught up than other times, but now I'm at 100% for those shows....time to turn my attention to season two of Black Lightning, I had finished season one and then didn't watch anymore (season three has already finished).

 

 

I didn't fancy you as a viewer of the DC TV shows. :d Given the amount of content that is poring from everywhere, i'm surprised you are watching all of these and not being more selective. :mumble: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

 

I didn't fancy you as a viewer of the DC TV shows. :d Given the amount of content that is poring from everywhere, i'm surprised you are watching all of these and not being more selective. :mumble: 

 

I started with Arrow...then came The Flash...and yeah, then the ball was rolling :p Crossovers aren't 1% as fun without watching all shows involved, so there you go :d 

 

Like I said, pretty alright for some light entertainment, nothing too serious. I never started with any Marvel thing, and don't think I ever will :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

I started with Arrow...then came The Flash...and yeah, then the ball was rolling :p Crossovers aren't 1% as fun without watching all shows involved, so there you go :d 

Like I said, pretty alright for some light entertainment, nothing too serious. I never started with any Marvel thing, and don't think I ever will :p 

 

I've watched The Punisher and Daredevil and would highly recommend them. It's not at all what you'd think of comic book shows. The second season of The Punisher is one of my favorites in the last couple of years. 

 

That being said, DC movies >>> Marvel movies (bar X-Men ones, which are awesome) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

 

I've watched The Punisher and Daredevil and would highly recommend them. It's not at all what you'd think of comic book shows. The second season of The Punisher is one of my favorites in the last couple of years. 

 

That being said, DC movies >>> Marvel movies (bar X-Men ones, which are awesome) 

I say this in the kindest way possible; I think you have poor taste. I just don’t see how DC beats Marvel in any. Joker and Wonder Woman both beat the majority of Marvel movies, but that’s about as good as DC gets. It’s a slow, horrible fall from there.


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...